• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ranger Package stripe color?

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Been looking at some original stripes on the Broncos with the Ranger Package that was offered from (73-77). I've noticed that the pin stripe on some seem to be orange and others seem to be red. I have an original paint '77 Ranger in Dark Jade Metallic and the original pin stripes are orange. I'm trying to figure out which got red and which got orange. Did it differ with the year? Did it differ with Bronco paint color? Let me know what you think, and post a pic if u have original paint and stripes and if it's red pin striped or orange. Here's my 77 with orange.

Thanks,

Blue71

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
OP
OP
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's a close up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 88

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Do you have one in red to post up? I would consider the possibility that they all could be red at the beginning and faded to orange 40 years later...

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Since we reproduce these, I've probably paid closer attention to these than the average EB enthusiast, but I can not ever recall seeing red pinstripes, only orange.

matts460

I think they were orange also sure looks like it in my brouchures. Also sure like seeing what my 77 Ranger Bronco used to look like new, mine was Dark Jade also! Couldn't tell it now!

fordfan

Bronco Guru
This is a great question, Blue71. I have been looking at photos,that I have,and trying to remember (my memory fades just like the stripes!) the color printed on the Ranger stripes. All the pics that I have found, are orange; In my mind, the color seems to have been more of a tomato red or red orange.

Drew said "orange"....maybe that's correct. Andy, do you have any pics of the "red" ones?

My last Bronco purchase "Porky" has painted on stripes. For painted on ones, they are well done, but the color stripe was tape on top of the clear and it was orange which didn't seem right to me. So, I was thinking of removing it for the correct color which is _________?

OP
OP
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey,

Most I have seen are orange as well, but a few I have seen are like Dennis said..a Tomato Red shade. I have an NOS in the box set of Ranger a Stripes and they are in fact an orangy orange like in my first pics on my '77 Ranger. I know I have seem more than one original Ranger with the Tomato Red shade. The pics I have are all from a distance so it's hard to see the color difference.hmmm...will keep looking for pics.

Post any if u have them.

Thanks,

Blue71

This is a great question, Blue71. I have been looking at photos,that I have,and trying to remember (my memory fades just like the stripes!) the color printed on the Ranger stripes. All the pics that I have found, are orange; In my mind, the color seems to have been more of a tomato red or red orange.

Drew said "orange"....maybe that's correct. Andy, do you have any pics of the "red" ones?

My last Bronco purchase "Porky" has painted on stripes. For painted on ones, they are well done, but the color stripe was tape on top of the clear and it was orange which didn't seem right to me. So, I was thinking of removing it for the correct color which is _________?

Last edited:

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Mine are orange.

Beautiful Picture! This color is more of what I remember. It looks more red/orange or tomato red. It is much more red than the orange original paint!

On a different note, but it is related, it just occurred to me over the weekend why all the original "Ranger" tire covers had "orange" piping! Now you know the rest of the story; sorry Paul Harvey...;D;D

fordfan

Bronco Guru
I didn't want this thread to get lost...so back to the top so the original Ranger gurus can give input. By the way, where is this Bronco now?

Attachments

• 100_1837.jpg
    100_1837.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 60

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I didn't want this thread to get lost...so back to the top so the original Ranger gurus can give input. By the way, where is this Bronco now?

Austin, Texas.

Here's a pic of my 74 with original stripes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 49

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I just found this pic in an old post that answers it all. Orange it is.
amu2ypyb.jpg

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just found this pic in an old post that answers it all. Orange it is.
amu2ypyb.jpg

Ok thats cool but the third bullet point got me wondering - If the Special Decor color is white is it a different white than Wimbleton white?

"White roof option avaliable w/all body colors except white and silver metallic"

If it's not white what color would it be? Or is it not avaliable in white because it's already white?

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Ok thats cool but the third bullet point got me wondering - If the Special Decor color is white is it a different white than Wimbleton white?

"White roof option avaliable w/all body colors except white and silver metallic"

If it's not white what color would it be? Or is it not avaliable in white because it's already white?

Likely due to the top already being white. They probably wouldn't paint the top black or another color on a white or silver Special Decor. You never know though, Ford did a lot of odd things on these sometimes.