• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear Body Mount help

Scottylack

i have an old bronco and i’m trying to figure out the rear body mount it was basically gone when i got the truck and im wondering if im missing some of the body parts where it goes i have the body mount kit but not sure how it goes together back there any help appreciated!

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
Here’s some pics since my bumper and tailgate aren’t installed.. with the pics maybe u can explain what’s missing .. or become a contributor and post pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 42

joshua

Contributor
Common rot spot on the frame as well. Pictures would help a bunch.

OP
OP
S

Scottylack

thanks for the help. I see what the issue was. The piece on the other side of that body crossmember has rotted away. Now I know what I need to do thank you so so much.

Dude 713

Here’s some pics since my bumper and tailgate aren’t installed.. with the pics maybe u can explain what’s missing .. or become a contributor and post pics
Maybe I am all wet, but shouldn't you have the rubber body mount on top of the frame also and then the lift block on top of that?

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
wITHOUT A PICTURE OF YOURS, HARD to say but a lot of guys on here have repaired theirs with place a large flat H/D washer , aboiut 2 1/2 inches round.. welding it in place. & then putting bushings in place .. Good luck I sure had a devil of a time getting mine repaired . But they been in place for 15+ years now.

big blue

Loc.
Kentucky
wITHOUT A PICTURE OF YOURS, HARD to say but a lot of guys on here have repaired theirs with place a large flat H/D washer , aboiut 2 1/2 inches round.. welding it in place. & then putting bushings in place .. Good luck I sure had a devil of a time getting mine repaired . But they been in place for 15+ years now.
It's an 1 1/4" washer the hole is 1 3/8' . USS washer is 3" the SAE is 2 1/2" .