• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear disks?

bearhole

Looking for info on rear disk conversion. Years t-bird or lincoln. I have the small bearing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, this site has been invaluable.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
79 Mark VII is what's on the back of my 73....has the provisions for e-brakes as well. Just tough to find sometimes.....

siderbox

Bronco Guru
Small bearing is going to be a problem when using Tbird and or Lincoln setup if I remember correctly.
Most of the Lincoln will need the old style big bearing end and the Tbird is hit or miss if it needs the old style or the Torino style end.

The Lincoln set up I'm using is off of a 77 MarkV. Big bearing 1/2" flange bolts.

fmcpeters

With a little work you can use the crown vic conversion, thats what I used on mine and works great. You have to have the rotors redrilled and the center taken out a little. But on the plus side the emergency brake system is very easy to convert over to a bronco. Mine is the small bearing and about the only conversion I could find.