• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear Higher on Passenger Side ...

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I recently added the WH 2.5" lift kit that included Coils, Springs, Shocks. I have, but haven't installed, new C bushings.

It's been on a few weeks and a few hundred miles.

The the passenger rear is about 1.25+" higher than the drivers side rear. The front isn't perfect but no where near this difference.

I've read about the 'bronco lean' but my understanding is that this is more specific to the front so I'm trying to determine what the issue is.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_7038.jpg
    IMG_7038.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6913.jpg
    IMG_6913.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6966.jpg
    IMG_6966.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 36

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Nope....even though the issue to correct is in the front it effects the height more in the rear....

OP
OP
BGBronco

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Not saying your wrong but as I read the FAQ, it is specific to front end lean and that's pretty minimal in my case.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Nope. Bronconut is correct. You can have no noticable lean up front but the back be way off. Follow the link and do what it says. The radius arms act like a sway bar. If the radius arms are not parrallel wheb attached to the front end and the threaded end of the arms are on a lecev surface it will act on the rear end and push it hp or down on either side. Sometimes it takes several tries to get the level

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
I recently added the WH 2.5" lift kit that included Coils, Springs, Shocks. I have, but haven't installed, new C bushings.

It's been on a few weeks and a few hundred miles.

The the passenger rear is about 1.25+" higher than the drivers side rear. The front isn't perfect but no where near this difference.

I've read about the 'bronco lean' but my understanding is that this is more specific to the front so I'm trying to determine what the issue is.

Thank you.

Guys, he said he DID NOT replace C bushings yet.

Was it leaning before the lift? This is great evidence that if it wasn't and you didn't touch the C bushings, it's possibly the springs. Need to do some more investigating before adding another variable if you were to replace those C bushings. Probably 99% of the time when people replace their factory or worn out springs they probably replace their bushings too, so you don't really know whether the lean came from the bushings or if it came from the springs.

Hard to tell, but you have the double wrap of the leafs towards the front correct? Did you just hit the rear springs bolts with an impact and be done? Make sure they're not too tight and bound up.

I'll be following this thread. I have a slight lean to the driver side as well. Mine is apparent in the front and back. I've removed and reinstalled C bushings countless times making arms within a quarter inch of each other with no success. Tried swapping front coils to different sides too. I suspect it's the rear springs. When I take all the weight off the rear springs my truck levels out better. I'm waiting till I can really put some miles on it and see if settling has any affect. I also have an auxiliary tank, but can't imagine that having a big impact.

Brent13

Loc.
Colorado Springs
Yep, you have the virus known as Bronco Lean, and the fix is not exactly easy. You have to get those radius arms free from the frame, and get the axle free from the track bar, shocks, coil springs, etc. Get that axle free from everything, on level jack stands, then start messing with the C-bushings and radius arm caps, get the radius arms dead nut equal. It is not a fun job, not from under the truck. I did mine with axle completely removed from the truck. I got my arms to about a 1/16th of an inch, best I could do. I have not measure the rear yet, but think I am much closer to level now. An impact is your best friend with this job of loosening and torqueing those cap bolts. You can watch the back of the arms raise and lower as you torque the bolts. And lubrication of the C-bushings is helpful, I use straight dish soap, get them slick. Once your arms are level, the hard part is getting the radius arms back in the frame. You will get one in fairly easy, the other will fight you. What helped me is getting the axle as high as possible so the radius arm ends are as level with the frame as possible, a straight shot into the radius are mount, and not pinching the bushing. Freeze the bushings, and soap those up also when in comes time to install. I hope to never do this job again, have done it twice.