• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear inner panel drawing

agboy91

Loc.
Bishop, GA
Would any of you have the rear inner panel measurements or a drawing? I've got some extra plywood laying around and plan to make a set this weekend. Need a place to mount my 6x9's and sub. Thanks in advance.

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Would any of you have the rear inner panel measurements or a drawing? I've got some extra plywood laying around and plan to make a set this weekend. Need a place to mount my 6x9's and sub. Thanks in advance.

Not sure I still have the cardboard, but the way I made templates I took sections of cardboard and duct tape. Taped pieces of cardboard together so as to create a template for each side. Was easier taping pieces into a template than trying to cut a single piece of cardboard. Did not take long to make templates. Then transfered that to some plywood.

ChrisC74

Hey - shoot Phred a PM on here - he has a set of templates he lent me to use for mine. I got them back to him a couple of months ago. He is down in ATL so maybe you can grab them if you are down that way.

-ChrisC74

mduenas

Loc.
Los Angeles
Not sure I still have the cardboard, but the way I made templates I took sections of cardboard and duct tape. Taped pieces of cardboard together so as to create a template for each side. Was easier taping pieces into a template than trying to cut a single piece of cardboard. Did not take long to make templates. Then transfered that to some plywood.

I second this. I made my templates from large pieces of cardboard and tape. Then traced to plywood. Took maybe 30min for both sides.

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Because I was afraid the cardboard would bend or wrinkle I ended up buying a 4x8 piece of paneling at Home Depot it was like $8. I cut two out of it to make my template and it was nice and rigid so I cut my holes in it and everything and tweak it to fit. Then I could easily reproduce it on thicker plywood.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I second this. I made my templates from large pieces of cardboard and tape. Then traced to plywood. Took maybe 30min for both sides.

At's what I did as well. Kept the cardboard pieces for a long time but think have been tossed because haven seen them lately.

Attachments

• CAM00856.jpg
    CAM00856.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 45
  • CAM00885.jpg
    CAM00885.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
A

agboy91

Loc.
Bishop, GA
Thanks all, I saw Phred a few weeks back at and ATL Bronco get together down on PeachTree. I think I'll try the cardboard method using my fender box. Thanks.

Any good suggestions on what to cover the plywood with? I have Berliner in at the moment.

Thanks

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
I just stapled off white vinyl on mine trying to match the seats. Looks OK. I have pics someplace.