• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

rear sump oil pan

scruffyb

Loc.
statesville, nc
my engine dosen't currently have any provision for checking the oil. I've been told that I have to find an original pan in which the dipstick goes directly into, others have told me that I can just get a dipstick that goes through the timeing cover. Can anyone give me a definative answer?

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
roller blocks have the hole in the side of block for oil dipstick tube. Or, you could use the pan or timing cover versions for older blocks.

patterdale

Bronco Guru
You will need one or the other, a pan with dipstick provision or timng chain cover with a dipstick provision. If you have neither you will have to evaluate which is the least pain for you to install and just do it. After a few months on this forum I am no longer amazed at the number of cover combinations/possibilities on these engines, especially with all of the possibilties with swaps.