• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

"Rebuilt" my gauge cluster today!!

Yellow75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sioux Falls, SD
I was down to 1 working bulb left so it was time. It was just too easy, and looks great now. I have 0 miles now too :p Figured the dang speedo has been so far off since I got it, that it doesn't matter much anyhow. Thanks for the writeup Jeepster! ;D

Oh I also learned that the red light on top is an High beam indicator? Cool ;D Just ignore the horrid paint job that the dash has from the PO.. It's half undercoating have dripping paint. ::)

gauge.jpg

TOMKLU

Loc.
San Diego, Californi
I'm doing mine from parts from three clusters. I found that one of the faces has raised numbers. I'm going to clean it up and try to paint it myself, cross your fingers.

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
Very nice, I cant decide if I am going to go back with the original or go digital..The price of the digital sure has me leaning original... ::)

T

teknalee

i can't seem to find this writeup.. i saw it a long time ago but now i've done a search for it and what not and it doesn't come up.. got a link?

OP
OP
Yellow75

Yellow75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sioux Falls, SD
On the left under tech. Instead of using spray paint I used a little bottle of estes model paint and a tiny paint brush. Just pushed a piece of paper between the gauge and the needle. For the silver around the gauge the estes metallic silver spray can matched about dead-on.

CrazyJoe

Loc.
San Antonio
Hi Beam Indicator you say?

Mine doesn't work.

Now that's gonna bug me, and dammit, that means Ill be trying to fix it.

OP
OP
Yellow75

Yellow75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sioux Falls, SD
I cannot believe i'm telling you guys this but I had it all wired up and the red light was on.. ::) I cussed about it thinking I switched the lumination light and that one around.. The wife chimes in.. "You sure it's not for the high-beams?" Hit the button and that was it.. :-[ Oh well, made her day!

T

teknalee

i just went out and tightened the speedo cable.. and was wondering why my stupid hi beam indicator didn't work.... ??? the light bulb fell out of the cluster.. along with a bunch of the other guage lights heh... so it's probably there just needs to be put into it's place

Alex

Loc.
Indiana
Very nice, I cant decide if I am going to go back with the original or go digital..The price of the digital sure has me leaning original...

I would love one a those! I wonder if they get cheaper than $475? Group buy?

burner

The High beam indicator is the ONLY thing that works on my dash, even though my headlights dont! :eek: