• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Removing items from both doors

74bronk

Hello prepping bronco to go to paint. I'm removing all the stuff I don't want painter door handles trim etc. Question: how do you remove the glass from the door? Will I have to cut the upper frame off or what? And how do you remove the door handles , window crank, door latch .....help

bteutsch

Start by removing the arm rest/door handle and window cranks. I think either a 7/16 or 3/8 socket for the arm rest, a 5/16 or so socket on the inner door handle, just a Phillips screw driver for the window crank handle. Remove all of that and the the trim from the inside of the door. Mine is just metal and has lots of screws around the outside. Other years may need a trim removal tool for trim clips. Either way the window glass comes out from there. Down from the bottom, just loosen the track and it will come out, the vent window may need to come out also before the window glass will come out. The outer handle has a screw on the back side of the door and maybe a couple of nuts inside the door. You will have to remove the anti rattlers also. Very easy job, hope that points you in a direction.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
What he said...
The window glass comes out last on disassembly, and goes in first on reassembly.
Take out the lower bump stop, lower it all the way to the bottom, then remove the vent window frame and the rear tracks and upper window seals.