• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Removing speedometer with out taking Dash off?

Wingo4x4

Loc.
Myrtle Beach
Is it possible to remove the speedometer with out taking the whole dash off? I can see its held on by 4 screws on the dash but wasn't sure if there is a lot more to removing it on the back side.

bteutsch

Yes you can. It's really not that
Difficult, just draw a diagram or take pictures of everything before you remove it. Basically 4 screws and the wiring harness and speedometer cable.

707Bronk

Definitely can be done. The hardest part is getting the wires back on.

I used a couple weather pack connectors with 8-10" leads going to everything on the cluster. That way I can install the cluster with all the wires already installed then just connect the two weather pack connectors after its in.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
x2 Chop all the wires & splice them into a quick connector (or 2). I used common 4-pin trailer connectors on Frank's '75. I also added a dash extension, and I can still R&R the cluster just by removing the bolt to the e-brake pedal.