• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Repainting Hardtop

67Stallion

Loc.
Missoula,Montana
When you guys are repainting your hardtop white, what shade or color white are you using, instead of wimbledon, i was thinking something brighter for better sun reflection!

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I did mine in a bright bright white. Looks much better in my opinion.

broncotom

Loc.
CO,100 Miles to Moab
I was trying to decide what color to paint mine too. I think black would look best with the rest of my paint ideas but was affraid it would be too hot. Does anybody have any experience with this? Did it make it that much hotter?

Hank Dodge

I'd like to bump this topic back up because i need to repaint my hardtop as well. I don't want to sound really cheap here, but I was considering just rattle-canning it with Rustoleum this time around.

I just bought this rig and there is rust issues in the drip rail that I will attempt to resolve to some extent. I've wire wheeled out the sealer and exposed the rust etc. I picked up some stuff to neutralize the rust and some quality body seam filler to re-caulk it all with. The metal does not look good enough to try filling with weld. I thought I'd just give it a good try at getting it sealed and painted to get through the winter with.

My rig is a '73 in the stock maroon and white paint scheme, but it does have black fender flares. How well do you guys think Rustoleum gloss white would look? Or should I go with a black to cover the imperfections better?

What was the stock color that was used? Was it a gloss??

Thanks for any input