• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

replace brake hard lines while axles are on the bench?

bcmbcmbcm

Loc.
Wellington Fl
Hey folks,

D44 and 9" are on the bench as complete assemblies at the differential shop.

My brake hard lines look really great. Is this an if it 'aint broke don't fix it' or 'do it while your in there'? I don't see any rust at all but who knows whats going on the inside of the lines.

Or is this one of those things where the old original lines are made of some sort of indestructible material?

Just want to do the right thing here.

Soft rubber lines are being replaced for sure.

hucklburry rev2

I'd do them now, so you know. $10 in steel lines isn't a big deal, or go stainless if you have the time/$$. Every Bronco I've bought needed em replaced, so I did, after having one rear fail taking an exit ramp, it wasn't that exciting but enough to get my attention.

There would be one long steel one down the frame, I'd do it too, just for peace of mind.

I'd get 3 big bottles of brake fluid when you start bleeding them, I just did one and 2 bottles wasn't enough, but I had some problems, so maybe 2 would have been enough on a problem-less start up

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oxnard, CA...right on the beach? If so, I'd swap them out for NiCopp or stainless steel lines while you're there. If you were further inland, I'd probably just run them, as they're almost just as easy to replace under the truck as they are on the bench IMO.