• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

replacement seats for tall folks

c130puke

Loc.
Iowa City, IA
any ideas for junkyard replacement seats that will lower me 4"-6" i'm sick of scrunching/craning to see the stoplights, etc. if i lose the ability to slide, recline, or fold forward so be it - although it would be nice to retain those features. and a matching rear seat would be a major bonus <br><br>i appreciate everyone's willingness to share their experience, and if i ever find myself in that position i'll gladly do the same. bruce

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
I am 6'4" I found a pair of seats out of a 98 Cavalier. They were really easy to remove, and from the floor on drivers side to the top of seat was less then 8". I left the slideing tracks on, but if you remove those it will definitely drop you down some more.

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
I have a set of Nissan minitruck seats in mine that the po(prior owner) installed. he fabbed up some steel strap mounts, which work ok, but have no sliding ability. Both seats still fold forward and recline. If you have a full cab, or a soft top(i.e., not a halfcab), I would do everything possible to retain the adjustability, both d and p side. There are some older threads here that have info on this. <br><br>What I know is that I have heard a complaint about the seat not being adjustable from every navigator I have had on board, and I feel the same way. Also, while noone wants to, I have slept in the EB, and reclining seats mean a lot when you are stuck, broken down and waiting for parts, or just need a nap ;) <br><br>I cannot wait to get a new set of seats in there.<br><br>just my .02<br><br>Wish I could be more help....<br><br>good luck, and welcome! <br><br>Dan

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I've got seats out of subaru, they have a lever on them that manually lowers the seat. I haven't mounted them yet (the tracks got a little trashed), but this could be a consideration, using seats with either a manual or power adjustment for height.<br><br>snake

71pony

Loc.
SLC Utah
I got my seats out of a 99 honda accord, they are full power adjustment and have a wide range for height.<br>I am only 5-11, but with the seats lowered all the way I can not see the hood!! Only cost me $60 at junkyard.