• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rescued on the side of the road by a Bronco brother (and he was cute too!)

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
Too bad he was only 19.

The '66 died on me in the middle of the road on Friday afternoon. I pushed it to a gas station and determined it wasn't getting any fuel. Checked everything out, then got to thinking... "hmm, maybe that sending unit I thought I fixed didn't stay fixed. I sure have had 1/2 tank of gas for a long time." Sure enough out of gas.

Luckily, I was at a gas station. Unluckily, they closed while I was standing there and did not have a pay at the pump option. So I hiked up to the next one, hoping to buy a gas can and some gas. No gas cans for borrowing or for buying, but the Israeli behind the counter tried to give me a Big Gulp cup. SOL again.

So walking back to my Bronco, I see a '70 Sport in the parking lot across the street. Sure enough, he had a gas can I could borrow. 5 gallons and 10 minutes later, back on the road!

He was a good kid, excited to see another Bronco. He's got a decent '70 Sport, lifted and cut. Might see him around here. Hope to anyway. The Bronco brotherhood extends way past this forum.

Why does Bronco driving always make good story telling?

ugly74

Bronco abuser
you have all the elements of a good story there.
Lady in distress, and a handsome stranger...brought together by classic iron. ;D
and they drove away happily ever after

OP
OP
4x4babygirl

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
I don't see a problem

Hmm, you know, I've always been told I LOOK like Demi Moore. I could add ACT like I suppose.

His version? I dunno, but his eyes sure did light up when I started pointing out all the differences between my '66 and his '70. And when I showed him where the oil leak in his 302 was coming from. ;)

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
That is sweet. I would have helped ya too :wink:. Also, the guy behind the counter was definitely not israeli. The guy that owned the gas station most likely was. The guy behind the counter was more than likely from one of isreal's bordering countries. Glad you made it out alright.

av8rds

MAhole!
Loc.
2300 mi East of Moab
I'm with Don. My girlfriend is 12 years younger than me so I dont really see the problem! ;D ;D ;D

I don't see a problem

If I got rescued by a cute 19 year old female, I wouln't say too bad she was only 19

I would say lucky me found a cute 19 year old, hehe;D

Oh the Joy of being a dirty old man%)

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
the stories are good , because alot of the times , i think , we dont make it to out destination , because of one thing or another , and we just wanna find out , why everyone else doesnnt either !!!!

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
Hmm, you know, I've always been told I LOOK like Demi Moore. I could add ACT like I suppose.

His version? I dunno, but his eyes sure did light up when I started pointing out all the differences between my '66 and his '70. And when I showed him where the oil leak in his 302 was coming from. ;)

?:? %)

A lil off topic... but what is your dog's name?

:cool:

OP
OP
4x4babygirl

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
A yellow cur named Emma and a Boykin spaniel named Boone. I don't get it? Is there a punch line in there somewhere?

OP
OP
4x4babygirl

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
Ah, Deutsch is a German short haired pointer that belongs to my grandfather. The brown spaniel is mine. Lookin to see if I do indeed look like Demi?

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
Ah, Deutsch is a German short haired pointer that belongs to my grandfather. The brown spaniel is mine. Lookin to see if I do indeed look like Demi?

i know i looked ,,{it is the perv in me } , and yup ,, you do look like demi ,,,, or better yet ,, she looks like you ,,,,

Mikey

Bronco Guru
Guilty, too....had to look! ;D ;)

I've worked on cars my entire life and can't recall meeting a female grease monkey....at least one that I could recall, if ya know what I mean....