• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rescued Yellow77

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Well, The Big Run we attended yesterday up the north shore was Awesome! But in the afternoon turn into a Big Rescue of my family and yellow77. We didn't get home until 1:30am this morning with the yellow77 being flat towed for about 50 miles. I'll post details and pics later but right now I'm late for work........
Nothing bad but just couldn't restart in a bad spot on a trail being in deep into some obstacles with more obstacles that needed to get through ahead and the cold of night coming and being in a dead spot with no communications working.....

Aloha,
madgyver

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Here is a couple of PICS.
These were taken by Taz right before it threw the rear driveshaft into the Carter fuel pump.

Attachments

• DSC01626sm.jpg
    DSC01626sm.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC01627sm.jpg
    DSC01627sm.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 226

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Wow, thats beautiful up there. I saw the other post, where you guys are on a "ghost trail". Hope the fresh paint on the doors held up. SO, did the front end come down on top of the hill before it died? I sure hope so. Give us some more details.

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I just got it running again. What stalled me was a bad crimp on the wiring, when the fuel pump shorted it blew the connection not enough to blow a fuse. No power to something important and not having the Painless schematic with me left me stranded.

jr

Loc.
Mililani, Hawaii
Mad,

Those are some awesome pics. Maybe it will make it in 2008 calendar. It was nice to visit with you yesterday and am glad you guys made it home safely. Happy Thanksgiving

Joel

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Can't forgot the gang for this recovering. Damn Kid Off Road did a great job finding us on GPS and getting the kids and I with the yellow77 back safely on the paved road....
Thanks to kelii, kalani, dary, scott, jason and family, kimo and the rest of the gang......

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
Did you say the cold of night?????????????????
Who low does it get up there?
That would be a nice calender shot!