• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Resto Question: Visor and Electric Wiper Cover Color?

f2502011

What color are the visors and electric wiper cover supposed to be? I'm working on a 76 Bronco Ranger that doesn't appear to have ever had any restoration work. The visors are dirty but seem to have always been white. The electric wiper cover is a peachy tan or off-white? I think Ford calls this Parchment. The original cardboard headliner is still in tact and is white. I'm trying to figure out what color these parts were originally. Can anyone help? I would like to freshen the visors and wiper cover up but need to know what color they should be and what paint I should buy to make them that way.

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Montrose, Colorado
this is my cover and headliner.. i also have a 76 ranger.. unrestored.. it looks like the wiper cover is an offwhite.. maybe its faded a little even yellowing a little?

IMG_0227.JPG

OP
OP
F

f2502011

That's exactly how mine looks. I've been trying to find some pictures from when they were new but haven't been able to. From looking at yours and mine, and as odd as it seems to me, it seems the visors were more of a white, possibly a light grayish white but ford seems to call this light parchment and it's the same color as the parchment vinyl seat covers you can order from the vendors. The wiper cover is also considered parchment although it's not the same color. I believe it has to do with the difference in material, but it is more of an almond or light tan with a hint of pink. A peachy tan, but also considered parchment even though they are completely different colors and I believe they came like this after looking at a few now.

Last edited:

77BRONKOTN

I used Ford duplicolors Wimbledon White rattle can from advance auto. Matches perfect.