• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

reverse light button/switch

CrazyHorse

Loc.
Clovis,Ca
hello everyone! my 77 needs a chp inspection here in california and I am needing a few things for it to pass.the only one I cant find is a reverse light switch for the old Duffy 3 speed on the floor shifter. The original under the hood on the steering column broke so I cant make a bracket to make it work under the tunnel cover because it's too fragile(plastic). I need a steel one or one made for the shifter. I called Duffs and they dont carry it and the local speed shops dont as well. Do any of you know where to get one? I know the knew shifters are Hurst but were the old as well?Duffs didnt seem to have any info. The lights MUST come on when shifted into reverse or it will not pass. so a button on the dash won't cut it. Thanks ahead for any advice.

Scott M

Loc.
Baltimore
not sure what the stock one was, but

i don't see why you can't just pick up the cheap push-in switch ( i run one on 69 for the column shift. and just make a little bracket out of some flat stock to hold it. and just run the existing wires to iti can get a number off my switch tomorrow if you need. email me at bronco069@hotmail.com

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Hurst makes a reverse light switch for theirs and Duffs 3spd shifters. I've lost the p/n but any parts store that sell Hurst products can order one. It's in the same catalog as all the other Hurst products.
It was $30 or $40.

noreasteb

Loc.
Narragansett
I am up against the same thing here in RI. I have a 3 spd w/ duff conv. I was told the Hurst shif works.
Part # : 248-0003

I am going to try the inspection w/o it at first and if they pick up on it then I will address it (can't hurt to try)