• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

rhino liner

JAMMER

Loc.
Colorado Springs, CO
I had Line-x put on the iside and under side of my 69 tub. Only un-coated parts are the windshield frame, rockers, quarters and the outside of my tailgate. I took the tub on a trailer to the guy he mounted it to a forklift and shot it all for $500.00. It is awsome. I had it sand blasted prior to the coating and repaire a few very minor rust spots now it is RUST PROOFED! I really investigated the best liner and the only thing wth the rhino is that it tends to get a grey smokey color to it if it's black when exposed to the sun much. The line-x does not. My top is off alot so that was a concern, it's holding up great!

hd03sporty

Loc.
Tucson AZ
Here is a pic of the Rhino lining on my 69.... 550.00 inside including the bed rails and tailgate lip..came out nice

Attachments

• my_bronco.jpg
    my_bronco.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 271

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am a FIRM believer in Durabak. I've used it in all my Bronco projects and because I like to do things myself, it is the best option.

Here are some photos of my latest application....

pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

michael welch

Loc.
kent, washington
I own two broncos, on my daliy driver I tried the rhino on the bed rails,first thing I figured out was that the top of the windshield frame should of been done to to keep the door and window gaps right and also before this my bronco nevered leaked,it does now bad! New gaskets and all, and I live in seattle! The best thing I found to fix this is vasaline.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I did my own at home also with SEM tintable bed liner. $175 for a kit and one kit was plenty. :)

Attachments

• front_stealth.JPG
    front_stealth.JPG
    4.9 KB · Views: 193

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
The others look nice but I sure love that rhino lining! I have my inside powder coated (it was free) but I would have paid for the rhino liner.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I think the professional stuff is much thicker and probably more durable than ANY of the do it yourself stuff but I'm poor so I did what I had to do. :)

Of all of the professional stuff I have seen with my own eyes, I think Linex is the best by far.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
2badrotties said:
I did my own at home also with SEM tintable bed liner. $175 for a kit and one kit was plenty. :)

2bad - how thick is that SEM?
and I suppose "tintable" means you can customize the color?
That's appealing

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Tintable means you can put just about any color in it so it COULD be the same as the outside. The bedliner itself is clear sort of when it comes out of the can. It also has UV protection built in. Mine is about 1/16th thick and I have a LOT left to do inside tailgate and I could probably squeeze another coat on the whole thing if I wanted to. It feels pretty durable. It is sort of rubbery feeling not hard as rock.

When I did mine I was looking for rust protection more than anything. SEM tech line told me I could scuff it with a red scotch brite pad and recoat it if I wanted it thicker but I'm pretty happy with it as is.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
I have heard the wrinkle finish is kinda hard to clean of mud and such. After a period of time it looks warn and dirty all the time. Is this true?

Dan

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Jeepster said:
I have heard the wrinkle finish is kinda hard to clean of mud and such. After a period of time it looks warn and dirty all the time. Is this true?

Dan
What are you worried about ? How muddy is your garage ? ;D ;) :)

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
2badrotties said:
What are you worried about ? How muddy is your garage ? ;D ;) :)

This is true for the time being....but I'm just thinking about the near future. The rig will be running and on the road very shortly.

Also I have a Jeep that does run that I'm thinking about sprucing the inside up.....but I really didn't want to go there.;) ;D

Dan

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Great Job monkey-

I was considering to use Rhino liner they said if I prep everything good and take out the seats they would do it for $375.

My question has anyone considered putting in a drain hole?

I was thinking of something about 3/4 inch and use some type of stopper from Napa.