• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rocker Rappers Installed...

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I finally managed to get my Rocker Rappers installed this weekend. I have to say I am very pleased. Broncolove custom built them to fit between my flares based on measurments and a picture and did an excellent job. I recommend these to anybody that wants protection without having to cut their rockers, especially if you are still using the side tank.

Attachments

• Rocker Rapper 1.jpg
    Rocker Rapper 1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 513
  • Rocker Rapper 2.jpg
    Rocker Rapper 2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 394
  • Rocker Rapper 3.jpg
    Rocker Rapper 3.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 245

cbearly

Loc.
Wellington, Colorado
Sweet! They look great on your Bronco. I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago, and Broncolove said he just shipped them. Hope to have them later this week - can't wait! Thanks for sharing the pics!

kps74 bronco

Loc.
south jersey,medford
They are great !! I have been hitting mine on every trip and no problems at all.Yes they are super strong,No they dont connect to the frame but they have a backing plate that locks them together.I can put the high lift under it and lift the hole side of the truck up.Great product.Ken

jdevon

Loc.
Dallas Area
those look great.

nice looking rig. no kidding, just this morning a copied a pic of your bronco (before the rockers) onto my desktop. really good looking truck.

OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
those look great.

nice looking rig. no kidding, just this morning a copied a pic of your bronco (before the rockers) onto my desktop. really good looking truck.

WOW...it is a good feeling when somebody recognizes your hard work...thanks for all the compliments. I must confess the pictures make the paint look a lot better than it actually is....but a paint job is in the future.

As said above they do not connect to the frame, but if you don't have a side tank you should be able to add a connection there. Personally I don't think you would need it.

kntr

Bronco Guru
How do they install? How do you keep water/dirt from getting in between the rappers and rockers and causing rust?

Louie

Bronco Guru
Looks great man! Definately a lot better that the DP covers you had on before and they serve a purpose. Form AND function :cool: I like mine too and would buy them again.

jdub1233

I've been looking for something exactly like those. What's the difference in those and the one's that Duff sells? I'm pretty sold on the set you have. How much? And who do I contact to order????? Can we get some pics up close???

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
sweet mod!!! JUST WHAT i'm looking for b/c i don't want to cut my newly installed rockers.... How much are they and where did ya get them??

LUke

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Contact Broncolove or TheBroncoRanch....Tom has a split Bronco personality....it comes from having way, way too many Broncos. Seriously, though, Tom is a great guy and these are serious protection. They come in 1/8 and 1/4" SS versions...tubing is extra. Not sure what his curent price is.

As to how they mount, the outer piece you see is formed to the rocker and comes long enough to put on uncut fenders or you can trim them to your cut fenders. So, the outer piece is formed to the outer rocker, then there is another piece (1/8") that fits against the inner rocker; it has a U or J-shape that over-laps and interlocks the outer panel to the rocker. Both receive machine screws, rivets or other fastener. It ends up that you have double the thickness of the wrapper on the bottom sill of the rocker making for a very strong reinforcement that disperses the force along the whole rocker. It will take alot of abuse to damage the 1/4" ones and they are the more suitable to adding the outer tube for additional door protection and pivoting ability.

I have a set that I have trimmed and will eventually install on my truck. I am coating the whole rocker, underside of the tub in line-x and there is enough material to accomodate such an install. The line-x will act as a gasket in my application and a seal to dirt, grime, salt and mud. I will then have the wrappers coated with the line-x to match. Just to give some ideas.

For more info and pics try doing a search for 'Rocker Wrappers': I believe you will find additional contact info for Tom and alot more pics. HTH

John

TheBroncoRanch

Bronco Guru
JWMcCrary, They look awesome!!!! Glad you finaly got them installed. Thanks for the good words on them;D

cbearly, Yep yours are on there way.;D

Kps74bronco
Louie
trailpsycho, Thanks for all the good words. Kps has been testing these babys out, bouncing off every rock in the east;D Louie, Yours just look pretty;) trailpsycho, let me know if you want to do the tubes before you finish up your project.

Everyone else intersted in them, shoot me a e-mail and I will be happy to anwswer your questions. you can e-mail me at thebroncoranch@yahoo.com
or PM me at TheBroncoRanch. For some reason my broncolove name is not working right now?:?

Thanks Tom