• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roll Bar Pictures & Measurements Needed for Dash Clearance.

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hello,

I need Photo's and Measurements of front cross bars on roll cages in relation to the dash board/pad. Just picked up a used cage and I'm pretty sure the bar will not clear the dashpad. I'd prefer to leave the pad on. If you have one and can snap a picture that would be great. More importantly, I'm looking for the measurements in regards to the height (bottom of cross bar to floor) and kick back (front of cross bar in relation to back of A pillar) that would be great.

My bronco is still apart and not at a stage where I can measure and be sure to clear the dash pad and steering column (tilt column).

I'm open to having it tuck just under the pad, or just above it so this bar is kicked way back off the dash. Just looking for ideas.

Thank you in advance.

OP
OP
JeepGuy

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bump... doesn't anybody keep their dash pad on with a full cage?

Farrell Martin

Loc.
Marietta, GA
28 inches from floor to bottom of bar. That includes jute padding, carpet and a rubber mat, so probably 29 inches from the metal floor.

I couldn't get a good measure from cross bar to a pillar, but cross bar to windshield was about 1 3/4 inches.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 91
OP
OP
JeepGuy

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sweet thank you. And that picture brought up a second issue I hadn't even considered.... the overall width between the down legs of the A pillar in relation to the part of the dash pad that sticks out further on the passenger side. I've noticed measuring and looking at this cage that the legs of the A pillar are slightly narrower than the factory width B pillar. It might be just enough to interfere with that pad...........

If it's not too much trouble, can you measure the overall inside width of your A pillar?

The one i have is 48" wide (inside measurement) and 26 1/2"s from floor to bottom of cross bar (same height as the pad based off your measurement). If it's not wide enough up front, there is no point in messing around with it. I'll just go without a dash pad, add the grab handle to the bar, and make my other improvements to the cage I had planned already.

Thank you again for your help.

bobzilla

Loc.
Riverside, ca
Mine was 28" from floor to cross bar and 50" between the front legs. I narrowed my 68 dash pad to about 48 inches. The cross bar is a little low at 28" on mine with no carpet just raptor liner. It rubs the pad a little

Farrell Martin

Loc.
Marietta, GA
Horizontal measurement at the cross bar is right at 50 inches. It is a little over 51 inches at the floor and just under 48 inches at the top where the bar goes from vertical to horizontal.

Also be sure to check fore/aft position for the front feet. There can be interference with the window rollers as well as the emergency brake pedal.

- F