• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

roll bars, soft tops and wiper motors

Wzbell

Loc.
Troutman, NC
I am fabing a rear roll cage with a hard top but hope to tuck it under a soft top also. The bar is taller than the windows and the front windshield but should fit under my hard top.<br><br>Is that right or should I shorten it some? I do plan on running bikini top. Seems like at an angle from the front windshield.<br><br>What do people do with the wiper motor? Sticks up in the middle of everything now.

wades76

Loc.
Monroe, GA
I would think if it fits under your hard top it should be okay for the soft top too but for the wiper motor they make a drop down bracket that moves the motor under the windshield frame most soft top kits come with these or you can order one seperately from JBG also the soft top has a riser bracket that mounts on top of the winshield to attach the top to an this raises the hieth of the top. I hope this helps you may want to contact whoever makes the soft top you'r gonna buy and get some measurements.

OP
OP
W

Wzbell

Loc.
Troutman, NC
[quote author=2badrotties link=board=5;threadid=14152;start=0#106469 date=1044826562]
Oh boy, more measurements. So, how you comming with hanging that door ?
[/quote]
You know I can't do anything without a measuring tape. But I'm waiting on a new kick panel before I can go any futher with the door post. Thought I would work a little on the next project. My wife came across the "Bronco by Andy" pic and said who the hell is Andy. LMAO. I'll let you know when I get it all welded back up. We'll celebrate over a beer or 6.