• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roll in liner

Eoth

Bronco Guru
I did a roll on liner. It looks fine and serves its purpose. Yes a professional job does look better but with the cost difference I am quite happy...

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've used Durabak in all of my restorations, and LOVE it.

:cool:

Attachments

• durabak 10.jpg
    durabak 10.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 436

jeff68

Loc.
Hattiesburg, MS.
I've used two different types, Dupli-coat and Herculiner.
I agree that the spray in liners would be better, but for the do it yourself kind of folks, I like the Herculiner best.
Jeff

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Had great results with the Herculiner. Not as nice as Rhino or Speed Liner, but well worth it for my application. LSU Pete's Duraback looks a little nicer than my Herculiner even.

Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Heres a pic

Attachments

• im002005.jpg
    im002005.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 422

eds66bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Essex, Vermont
check out
http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/archive/herculiner-49909.htm

durabak/herculiner is same company.

i think the fact i could do my bed 6-7 times for the price of a spray in, it was well worth it. but my dad's toy just got the linex and wow is that nice!

i think the wifes dd i'm building will get linexed.

it's all in the prepwork for the diy stuff. if ya got the cash, spray it. if ya got time and no money, roll it in.

good luck

p.s. make sure all your underside body work is done first. i welded all attachment points for seats and harnesses with plates and nuts so i could one man anything without callin' the wife out to the barn at 2am to hold a wrench %) that stuff will blister and catch fire pretty good.

brutis72eb

Bronco Guru
Loc.
South Carolina
Are there different levels of the Durabak? Do you have any more pics? If I remember correctly, LSUPete, you sold that one but it might be the new toy;D It turned out looking really good, I will probably do that. How much was it? Thanks

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I did sell my purple one. That photo is of the new one I'm finishing up now.

Durabak costs app. $125 for a gallon of the stuff and the roll pads. Do a search on Durabak, and you'll come across a write-up I did.

yak67

Bronco Guru
I did mine, I don't remember the brand, got it at the local parts store....it ended up fading, and looking like crap....so now I'm running carpet on top of it...when I get home I could check the brand, got some left in the garage

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Durabak makes a product called "rejuvenator" that specifically deals with that fading issue.

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
LSUpete said:
I've used Durabak in all of my restorations, and LOVE it.

Damn that looks good! I've been thinking about giving it a try as well. I hope mine comes out that good.

Where's the best place to buy the Durabak?

Thanks!
Ron

brutis72eb

Bronco Guru
Loc.
South Carolina
Pete, did you do the durabak on the purple on? Does Durabak fade? Where is the best place to get it? Can I put Rust Bullet on and then the Durabak or do I just put it on the bare metal? Lets see some more pics!;) Thanks Guys!

OP
OP
A

atx-davis

Loc.
Austin Texas
I have a fiberglass body. How will that effect the results of a roll-in liner. I mean can it take a beating? Or will it just scratch off?

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Durabak and Herculiner are not the same product. They may be made by the same manufacturer, but not the same product. You can see the difference. If you go to the Durabak site, they tell you that you can use it on everything, even wood and concrete. Pete- your application looks great. Did you spray it or bruch/roll it? Another guy's truck to check out is MonkeyBiz, he just got done with his ride and it turned out great too. Monkey also had some experience with it over time and said it held up good at a work site....maybe he will chime in. Good luck to all...you have to mail order the Durabak.

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I recommend that you buy the "Marine Clean", "Metal Ready" and a quart of the POR-15 Silver and a quart of the POR black from the POR people. Then, buy a gallon of Durabak and TWO of their 4" stipple rollers. The total cost of these products should be approx. $225.00. Also, I used gloss black, but if you're interested in colors you can take a look at the Durabak website. A point of note about Durabak, it has a tendancy to fade if exposed to ultra-violet light. So, to combat this, you should consider buying a quart of their "rejuvenator" to keep it glossy.

You have to .....

1. scrape and sand the entire bed area
2. wash it down with the Marine Clean
3. let it dry overnight
4. spray on the Metal Ready
5. let it dry
6. put on one coat of POR Silver
7. let it dry
8. put on a coat of POR black
9. and let it dry.

After the POR-15 was dry, I took a wet scotch-brite pad an roughed it up some. then let it dry. Then I roll on the Durabak. Yep, one gallon of Durabak will do TWO coats of the bed area and have enough left over to do all the wheel wells.

You can order the Durabak by calling them at 303.690.9662

Now, no more questions until you make me a sammich!

U

Unregistered

the product (303 protectant) works excellent to stop UV rays from fading the liner ,also not greasy like some other brands. 303 is recommended by everyone in the marine industry

pinenuts

Loc.
Hereford, AZ
I used Durabak on my 76. It is certainly durable, and I really like being able to just hose out the truck when it gets dirty inside. However, I am a little disappointed in the appearance, and stuff really slides around on it.