• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rolling on 35's

dnash

Loc.
The home of Ford
It is amazing (and somewhat scary) what I keep learning about my Bronco. We had a small show at work today and some people who seem to know more about these things than I do were looking at my tires. Apparently, they changed the labeling requirements for tires in 1974 and my tires don't have than that new info. This would make them at least 35 years old. We had already determined that this truck probably only has 26k original miles but some things shouldn't be used that long.

As I am probably planning on replacing them soon, can someone tell me the original wheel and tire size (and out of curiosity the stock brand).

The ones on there now are Remington L70-15 but I think they are wider than the stock ones.

Attachments

• DSC_5388.JPG
    DSC_5388.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 50

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
We had already determined that this truck probably only has 26k original miles.

Pics of Bronco? ;D

Tire sizes may have varied through the years, I don't know exactly what size/sizes came on them.

siderbox

Bronco Guru
Those are about the height as a 235/75/15, just a bid narrower.
You can still get tires that are letter sizes. They are harder to find but they are out there. So I'm going to guess and hope that you tires are not 35 years old:eek:

And, ya, that is a nice looking 66.