• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

RuffStuff 2 + Spring Perch Kit

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Does anyone have experience with this https://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/2PLUS.html I purchased the kit a while ago. I am going with a new housing so setting them should not be too difficult. I know my rearend needs to move back to center the wheel in the opening better, but dont know how much. This may be overkill, maybe just use the 3 hole traditional mounts instead? I will mock up the wheels tonight and see what is needed. Is this a better setup than u-bolts?

BanditBronco

This kit is built for 2.5" spring width, Bronco's have 2.25" spring width. The consensus is that it isn't a good idea the run these being too wide. Highly likely that they won't stay tight since the spring has room to wiggle. Also you will run into the gas tank if it is in the stock location.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Sleeving the bolts with 5/8 inch ID 7/8 inch OD (.120 inch wall) DOM will take up that space.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Attachments

• IMG_4961.jpg
    IMG_4961.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4959.jpg
    IMG_4959.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5027.jpg
    IMG_5027.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 21

mac0424

Loc.
NY
Hello all, to explain my situation, I'm currently working with just a frame (my tub will not be ready for 6 months). All of my welding is being done by my friend at his home shop and I work outside weather permitting, I have no garage yet.

I will have an uncut 77' with a 302, AX15, and Dana 20, none of which is installed yet. I plan on bolting on 32" - 33" tires.

My current project is with the RuffStuff EB perches and top plate.

With my configuration what if any angle adjustment should I make when welding on the new perches? I understand the springs should have the actual load on them, but I just can not produce that now and was hoping someone past experience could help me now.

Also, I'm assuming that when utilizing the forward hole on the perch I have to use the forward hole on the top plate.

If anyone has had success with this modification I would appreciate any and all insight and instructions so I do this once.

Thank you.