• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rust Bullet/POR-15

CrazyHorse72

Loc.
Pennsville, N.J.
Are there any other options out there other than rust bullet or por 15 with the same general concept. Getting ready to do my frame and can't decide between the 2. Or do I even know if there are any other options. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
I think Rustbullet sucks :p
I've had excellent results with POR15.
I've read where the two work on the same principle, my results say something is different between the two, something significant!

74bronc

Bronco Guru
I just used Eastwood's rust encapsulator on my inner quarters and rear fender wells and it is fantastic. same price as rust bullet. Dries flat black, one step process like Rust Bullet but not that butt ugly silver color that requires a top coat to look halfway decent. .02

Skipdevil

Loc.
San Diego
Check this product out: http://www.zerorust.com/

I used it to undercoat my tub, frame and engine compartment. It was easy to apply either with a brush or spray. Just make sure you clean the surface well for oil, grease, dirt and loose rust scale. There is no need to strip it down to metal. I like it because it adhears to other paints and is easy to touch up if you scratch it. It comes in different colors too.

Skipdevil