• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rust / Paint question

RealJakeMalloy

I have a 1976 that I have had for 25 years - was frame off. Nothing fancy but having been kept outside over the years has body / surface rust in the usual spots and some in the floor. I am now ready to deal with it but was wondering is there a way to get the surface rust treated and painted without having to repaint the entire truck? Or will it be so off in the look that it won't make sense?

Also, as an alternative, what if I got rid of all the rust and then just had the truck wrapped?

Thanks.

Mikes79Bronco

Loc.
Homer Glen, IL
It really depends what the condition of everything is and the skill level of the person that's doing the blending. My guess is since it has been sitting outside and rust is an issue again it will probably be easier and look better to re spray the whole thing.

If you go with a wrap you will still have to get a coat of paint on to protect the metal after the rust repair. But the color match and blend wont matter at that point.

Me2carcrazy1

Contributor
The color fade from sitting outside over the years will be hard for even a professional to match. Best to treat the rust as needed to get back to good metal and respray everything.
How bad is the floor? surface rust or pinholes? Clean the floor as best you can then look for day light.