• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ryans Fabrication EBay bumpers $400 shipped?

beernut

Loc.
Hampton
They don't look bad but it wouldn't be my first choice since it doesn't really help protect the corners.

-bn

sp71eb

Loc.
North Liberty, Ia
I would go buy 100 bucks worth of steel and make them yourself. They are super simple looking and good metal supply place could easily bend that stinger for ya. If you do end up buying them I would run a sleeve between the upper and lower frame holes to support them from bending together when tightening the bolts (if you bolt them the way they did)

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I would go buy 100 bucks worth of steel and make them yourself. They are super simple looking and good metal supply place could easily bend that stinger for ya. If you do end up buying them I would run a sleeve between the upper and lower frame holes to support them from bending together when tightening the bolts (if you bolt them the way they did)

I'm not a personal fan of the look of them, but lets not oversimplify it as seems to happen way too often on this forum (and others). It would cost you more than $100 in materials to make them. To buy machined clevis lugs alone will likely run you $15 each. Plus the tube, plus the plate or channel for mounting, etc., etc. Then you have to bend the grille guard and weld it all up.

Can you make it for under $400, yes, but I doubt $100.

I'm not sure where you buy steel, but our steel distributors here sell in full lenghts (or have additional cut charges), and do not bend tube for you. They will direct you to one of their fab shop customers who charge for such services if you do not have your own bender to do it.

For what they are, they seem like a pretty good value if you like the look.

sp71eb

Loc.
North Liberty, Ia
I'm not a personal fan of the look of them, but lets not oversimplify it as seems to happen way too often on this forum (and others). It would cost you more than $100 in materials to make them. To buy machined clevis lugs alone will likely run you $15 each. Plus the tube, plus the plate or channel for mounting, etc., etc. Then you have to bend the grille guard and weld it all up.

Can you make it for under $400, yes, but I doubt $100.

I'm not sure where you buy steel, but our steel distributors here sell in full lenghts (or have additional cut charges), and do not bend tube for you. They will direct you to one of their fab shop customers who charge for such services if you do not have your own bender to do it.

Yeah your right I probably under bid that one, but I bet you could definitely do it on the cheap. "Machined clevis lugs" are easily made with a chunk of 1/2 plate and some time.....and time is free. I guess for me I would rather get dirty and make some bumpers that are "*your name* custom fab" and give you that great feeling of accomplishment.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
They are simple and decent for the money. I wish they made them a few inches longer on each end.They look like narrow Jeep bumpers.

I ended up going with Logan's plate bumpers, they were alot more (still a good value in my opinion) but they still have customer service issues. They made everything right in the end.

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
almost have to figure $300 for the bumper pair. $100 in shipping added to the cost. If you look at his EBay store he sells the exact same setup for jeeps.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
$400 for a pair of bumpers including shipping? Even for simple bumpers that doesn't seem like it would be worth the builder's time. It sounds like a decent deal if they fit your build.

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Attachments

• j2.jpg
    j2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Broncitis

MEB Founder
....and time is free.

You must still be young? ;D

Sorry, but time is not free for many of us. We have other things we can make money doing or simply too many projects and other fun to have to do it all.

I have a hell of a shop with lots of fabrication and machine shop equipment and even more I have free access to use as my own, and I still find that some things are not worth my time to build if I can find something I like at a fair price.

Somehow my to-do list have never once been a done-list. There is always something else to work on, do, etc.

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
You must still be young? ;D

Sorry, but time is not free for many of us. We have other things we can make money doing or simply too many projects and other fun to have to do it all.

I have a hell of a shop with lots of fabrication and machine shop equipment and even more I have free access to use as my own, and I still find that some things are not worth my time to build if I can find something I like at a fair price.

Somehow my to-do list have never once been a done-list. There is always something else to work on, do, etc.

Well said!

Back on topic, personally I don't care for them. But that should have no effect on your decision.

u10072

Bronco Guru
He's not making much on those when you figure in the shipping. The design is a little on the weak side of things from my perspective but thats just me.

barronj

Bronco Guru
I must be dense. Where are you seeing on the ad that shipping is free or included?

HELLFIRE

Loc.
West Monroe, LA
My deal has always been... If you don't absolutely LOVE them, don't buy them because they are cheap. Just wait a little longer and save up for what you really want. Because as soon as you see someone with what you really wanted, you will kick yourself for going cheap just to have something.

klake575

Those are definitely jeep bumpers, but even at that they would mount poorly to a jeep. They seem like they might be a good base to finish with some reinforcement.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I have them, not worth the money IMO. Too short, does not cover the fenders well at all. Mounting is weak and cheasy.

Bigboggin68

Loc.
Warren, ME
I bought these as an impulse buy about 5 years ago when I started building my bronco. I was just messing around on Ebay and then won the item on a cheaper bid than I was seeing them go for. They aren't horrible. Wish I had just built some myself, I have the tools and time. I had to gusset the mounting plates to make sure they didn't get ripped off when any stress was put on it. One of the mounting tabs had fallen off when I received them in the mail. These bumpers also get sold as Jeep/scout bumpers too. They just build all the same bumper and just weld on different mounting tabs on bumper to fit vehicle frame. Maybe they are related to the Tuthil's of Orange county chopper! Overall, they are ok bumpers for the price, just don't get your hopes up that they are great bumpers.