• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ryans power lead to EFI pumps

RT

Bronco Guru
You guys useing Ryans harness,,, are you splicing the one power lead for both high and low pressure pumps or are you useing a different power source ??

The one lead just looks a little thin,,do these pumps draw much power??

Thanks .

Bob.

Sasquatch

His directions state its OK to split. I think they also said you can up the size of the fuse to 30amp too maybe if needed. Should be fine, but I'm running an in tank pump so dont know from experience. SB

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I ran the main wire to the first pump and then ran a jumper from the first pump to the second pump. seemed to work well enough for me till I went to the intank pump.

Ben

OP
OP
RT

RT

Bronco Guru
Thanks guys,,, I should be good to go then. :)

I think all my duckys are in a row ,,, I should be injected by next week .

I,m pre-plumbed , pre-wired , and hoping for a weekend swap. I got my fingers crossed .

I even got some raid for the bugs ..:)

Goin Off Bronco

Loc.
Torrance, Ca
You are connecting those just to the relay, right? The "power" to each pump should come direct from battery , and the harness supply only "trigger" to a relay.

OP
OP
RT

RT

Bronco Guru
The lead is almost long enough to go to the back of the Bronco. In the directions it says to hook the pump to it (just the lead ) or to splice it if your useing two pumps. I assumed if Ryan wanted you to use a relay it would be stated .
I just wanted to make sure nobody had a issue doing this .

Just to feel better in the future I probably will use a relay ,,,might be nearer in the future than farther.

Sasquatch

It already has a relay. Its one of the 4 mounted w/ the fuses. No need to add another. ;) SB