• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sad Ford Hearts ..

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Well I'm going to have to tell some of my skim I've been making ..
My POST Count is almost to 10000... POST.
..... & My 70 Birthday is next week so I've been planning on making my 70th at 10K.
so when I realized I was up at almost busting . I've just totally stayed in off topic.
... But I've got to make a post tonight ..
A great Friend ... Dale ''JEFF'' ''SNOOKUMS'' Jeffreys ... Parts Manager at our New Local Ford house .83 tears old .. HE PASSED away yesterday.
I'm all but 70 myself. & SNOOKUMS Moved to our town Stephenville .. From Mineral Well Ford back in about 1970ish .
I had my parts store already but I'd met hime through another High School friend . Several of us boys from Sophmore years on we'd drive over to MW to see what aSnookums was working on at home .
He was the MAN THE FORD MAN none knew more . & Then He moved to Stehphenville .
The old man who owned our local Ford dealership .. He got 3 local young me to buy him out . None had a dime to their name . But Mr Herrington got Ford to sing off on the deal . So Wayne bought the FORD SALE & SNOOKUMS BOUGHT THE PARTS Dept & Mr Evett bought the shop . BUT HE LATER SOLD IT TO WAYNE ..
.... DALE STAYED owner of the parts deptment . Until the dealership sold out about 10 years ago .. But he stayed on as mgr.
.... Dale was Mr MUSTANG ... HE Knew ever thing about a Mustang .
& hE WAS ALMOST THAT GOOD ON ALL the old Broncos .
..... Dale & I had a great working relation ship for 30 years .
... Dale drove a 1966 Fast Back 289 auto Bronze ..
I matched the paint on it 3 times over the years . He was so proud of me matching the paint on it the last time it got a scrape . We painted it with the old Lacquer Locite paint .. .. SEVERAL YEARS LATER It still matched .
.... But when he heard my voice around the corner he came to shake hand & say .. HOW'S MR JAY TODAY. Mercery how he will be missed . People called him for info from everywhere ..
........ He work up until last Friday .. I saw him on Thursday.
.. He still worked there because his wife had had a liver transplant 10 years ago . & He had one of those great insurance policy that kept her alive.
....... Bronco & Mustang guys lost a treasure Sunday evening
Thanks for the FRIENDSHIP MR. JEFF.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mr. Dale sounds like a treasure Pa, so sorry for another loss in your world.

Last edited:

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's a sad situation when an old friend passes, my sincere condolences.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Pa, always sad to hear. Here is the photo you wanted.
ae7aa323b0766d6a8c6686b024ad95ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
My goodness Pa hate to hear bout the loss. Condolences to friends n family. Just think of all the old school wisdom and Ford knowledge that man had.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
. I mean .. I went by 1st thing this morning & Signed his book.
& That when I saw that Ford sign.How neat is that .. I couldn't take his picture in the casket. Just not correct or PC in other parts of the country.
.. But they dressed him up in a Ford shirt. .. Well I'd never seen a shirt like this one. It was a white & Ford Blue shirt .. Checkered for a better description..
White with little Blue Ovals touching .. Ovals were about the size of your thumb. With White FORD printed in the centers. Of each Oval.
.. What a fitting display. For a man who Loved his job. His Passion .
. . With what I know about parts .. I'm going to tell you he was the best guy left from the 60 as a Ford guy. & He had lots of side knowledge also.
RIP Mr. Jeff..
... Thanks Pete..