• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Saginaw Upgrade Parts list

kaw550

Bronco Guru
It looks like my power steering pump is on it's way out. I had done the NAPA upgrade a couple of years ago but it is making a ton of noise.

I am considering the Saginaw upgrade. I would like to confirm the parts I need.

Bracket- Because I have power steering now, do I just need this
http://www.wcb4x4.com/mm5/merchant....Code=WCB&Product_Code=10044&Category_Code=STR

Fitting- Is there a part number? Can I use the one from the NAPA upgrade
Napa - Part # 1563 Pressure hose fitting adapter

Pulley- NAPA part number 73077
Cap- I saw that I can get it from the Help section but is there a part number?
Pump - 77 lincoln Mark IV.

backpain

Bronco Guru
Vbelt or serp?

Bracket - yes, or March has billet ones, Wild Horses sells one (that is adjustable I think), CVF Racing has a few billet ones . . .depending on vbelt or serp

Also, West Coast has a "kit" or you separately buy the adjuster bracket

OP
OP
kaw550

kaw550

Bronco Guru
V belt.
I looked up the CVF products. Nice but this is an unbudgeted project.

I should also add that I have Hydydroboost

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I'm in the process of doing the same thing, but I have a 351W so I need a part or two more. I bought one of Scrapmans pumps from a fella that decided not to use it. It is a double outlet (but will only use one right now). I've been looking at a kit from Wild Horses.

Thx for the Napa part#s, I need the fitting and pulley as well. Post some pics of all the pieces and put it all together on here. I plan to replace my old pressure hose, does Napa have a part # for it too?

UPDATE
I just ordered a few minutes ago the WH Steering Pump Bracket Kit for $55 on sale, would be around $80 seperately. http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Steering_Pump_Bracket_Kit/Bronco_Power_Steering_Pumps_Stock
Also got the WH 351W PS Adapter Bracket for $14
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Power_Steering_Bracket_351W/bronco_More_Engine_Parts
Less than $80 to my door. Now the other parts.......

Last edited:

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Just got off of Napa website. Here are some prices too.

Here is the Part # for the P/S Pressure Hose-OEM if someone needs it. NPS 71533 $23.99
Pulley is $22.49
Tube Connection/ Fitting $13.29

bad 68

Loc.
Northest Washington
I did the Saginaw pump upgrade about 2 months ago. I went through Toms Bronco for the NEW Pump, Bracket, Pulley, Belt and pressure hose fitting. Total price is $199. There is a difference in brackets between 302 and 351. Napa does have the stock PS hoses. They work with the Saginaw pumps.
The Saginaw pumps are absolutely Silent!! There is no comparison like everyone claims.
After 17 years of upgrades and mods I really appreciate the complete kits the Bronco vendors put together.

OP
OP
kaw550

kaw550

Bronco Guru
I was ready to order but not sure if I need one bracket or both.

I called two vendors. I got two different answers. Can I assume they are both right and thor products are different?

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
I tried the fitting from Tom's and couldn't get it to stop leaking. I ditched the adapter fitting and went with a new hose and I've had no problems since! I'm running an old junkyard pump of dubious origins and it performs flawlessly.

The Napa part number for the correct hose gddyap was so kind to direct me towards is NPS71145. It runs $22.49.

Autozone has it as part#71308. Their price is $17.99.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I see you already have power steering. Did you need to buy the entire kit or can you use the pump bracket with the factory engine bracket?

I was just going to buy this
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/produc..._Zinc_Clear/Bronco_Power_Steering_Pumps_Stock

I have the adjustable bracket already, but decided to buy a new one. The old one has 40 years of use and abuse. I also have a long thread but again wanted the new hardware. I had to have the 351W bracket, I could have easily made it but that would have been a lot of trial & error. I just preferred to buy all new. I don't like to buy all new but PS is something I really want to last, just like brakes! I need my EB to turn and stop!!! I do not have a stock PS motor (late 70s ford truck??) but the old OEM pressure hose is installed in it right now. So hopefully a newer stock hose should fit right up to the saginaw with new fitting (which I think I have a spare, cross my fingers!!!). I may post some pics, but I don't want to HI-JACK ur thread!! :cool: