• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Scott Drake SS Removable Hinge Kit Install thread

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know, piece of cake, but I thought I'd show off my SS removable hinge install.

First, I bought the hinges from malibubronco (Johnrod12@verizon.net) on this site for:
249.00 Complete kit
109.00 Door only kit (Second set of doors)
358.00 w/free shipping! (See below for off-set cost)

I received the hinges within 3 business days! They look like great quality!
First I unbolted my doors. Six bolts per door, and the doors were off, and on a protected work table. Another six bolts per door, and the hinges were off the door. Next I lubed up the hardware with anti-seize, so the SS bolts didn’t gall up with the SS hinges. I simply replaced the old with the new, and set the doors in! Done!

Result: I can now easily swap out my shaved doors in favor of one’s with frames (currently @ the body shop) within minutes.
Pros: Good looks. Now have two door sets of used and rebuilt hinges to sell on Craig’s List to off-set the cost.
Cons: (My build) Provided hardware is smaller than factory hardware(fitted washer), now you can see where the paint missed. Fix= possible SS washer. Also cost! Expensive, but nice!

Time: 2hrs
Tools: ½ socket
Consumables: Anti-Seize, Beer

Attachments

• broncostainlesshinge.jpg
    broncostainlesshinge.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 356
  • DSC04728.JPG
    DSC04728.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC04731.JPG
    DSC04731.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC04732.JPG
    DSC04732.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC04734.JPG
    DSC04734.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC04771.JPG
    DSC04771.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC04764.JPG
    DSC04764.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC04736.JPG
    DSC04736.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC04767.JPG
    DSC04767.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC04770.JPG
    DSC04770.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 109

Heus33

Bronco Guru
LOVE that truck! The color, the wheels, the doors - EVERYTHING

No way the doors lined up that quickly! I've spent 2 hours on one hinge! You lucky SOB!

Pflyboy

Loc.
Brighton, Colorado
How did you get your hinges lined up well enough to get the doors to come off? I am really picky about nice gaps, but getting the gaps nice makes it hard to keep the hinges off of a bind.

Nick

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
LOVE that truck! The color, the wheels, the doors - EVERYTHING

No way the doors lined up that quickly! I've spent 2 hours on one hinge! You lucky SOB!

Well..... I didn't say the gaps were perfect, but I left both sets of hinges snug, then when I installed the door.... they squared up to eachother. I tightened up the bolts, and closed the doors. Yeah.... I could tweek them hear-n-there...... but they line up great without binding!

And...... I'm waiting for the second set of doors to come out of the booth. that is what will take some time. Getting two sets of doors to smoothly lift in and out of the same hinge set.

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
did you say your old hinges are for sale? How much and shipping to 59038?
thanks Wes

EVERYTHING (Bronco included ;D) is for sale- I've got the two complete sets. $40-or-$80. PM me-

malonejy

Bronco Guru
Looks good. I did mine a couple of weeks ago. I bought a set and 1/2 just like you for my trail doors.

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
excellent seller!! sent item quickly! Happy with item thanks Wes

Thanks Wes-
Just learning how to ship, and your hinges worked out slick for me.

Have the other set!