• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Scout power steering

72 EFI

I have a couple of mid 70's Scout II's and noticed that the power steering box is identical to the early bronco except for the 3 hole bolt pattern (the scout has the 2 holes on the opposite side) I tapped my 72 Bronco for the 2 new holes and welded up a support bracket for added stength and she fit right in. My drop pitman arm worked just fine as did the EB power steering hoses. I am running the EB factory pump. I considered using the Scout saginaw style, but didn't have the time to check to bracket fit on my fuel injection.

Just thought i would share this with everyone, as everyone is aware of the couple of hundred bucks you can drop on an EB gear box.

Adam

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
I was under the impression the Scout boxes utrned the wrong direction nad needed the same internal mod the F150/BB box needed. I thought that was what I have in my Bronco now.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Skuzzlebutt is right the scout box turns the wrong way the scout pitman arm is mounted forward where the EB arm mounts rearward so it will not steer correctly while mounting the pitman arm to face forward may work it will create a lot of leverage on the box sooner or later something will give. I tried this swap many years ago but as I was mounting the box I noticed the differance. so I didnt complete the swap.
To make the scout box work correctly you need a saginaw gear out of a ford van then just swap the internals and your good to go. This may also work with using a standard ch#vy box but I've never tried it or known anyone that has.