• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

scout steering box

1971sport

Loc.
Kingman AZ
I found a 76 scout box at the local pic-a-part and need to convert it to counter clockwise rotation .Does anyone know what parts box has the right piston and worm gear? Or info on a good place to get it done reasonably priced?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
West Texas offroad will do it for you. I believe you can get the parts out of about any GM vehicle with a saginaw box. I'd stick to trucks or vans as I believe they have a little beefier input shafts. I think a lot of people use the ford van saginaw box internals.

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
West TX Offroad did mine.. upgraded it and swapped the internals so I could put it on my Bronco.. I had to redo my frame anyway so it was no problem moving the holes...

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
PSC out of Weatherford TX or Azle TX ....can do it also they did 2 for me great jobs...........TOM is the owner.....

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can get you a number and name for somebody in Arizona who does excellent on scout boxes and is very reasonable. It will be tuesday before I go back to work and get his number (in my email archives) just let me know if you need it I used West Texas for my bronco box because he is much closer save a lot on shipping.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Please Post up the AZ contact there's a lot of us here that would probably be willing to give them some bussiness if they are good.

Lebe

Loc.
Phx
Please Post up the AZ contact there's a lot of us here that would probably be willing to give them some bussiness if they are good.

It's Bench Works in Scottsdale. They've got my '78 F150 box right now.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The guy i use is aperformance not benchworks. I will post the number tomorrow.

MATTFARKAS

Loc.
newville, pa
west coast broncos

west coast broncos redid my scout box. price was excellent. i did sell them some other parts on ebay the month before & they got a deal & remembered me. i think that helped on the price.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Another vote for PSC.

Tom and Kelvin run a good show over there, and you'll not only get a box that works well, but it'll be damn good looking at the same time. (look at pics of the PSC box in my buildup thread in my signature)

Their price is about the same as everyone else for a rebuild, however they are a one-stop-shop for all things steering.

I run their stuff in both of my Broncos, and this year Team Endeavor will be running their stuff on the racer in the Baja 1000.

www.pscmotorsports.com
www.endeavorbaja.com