• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Screaming sound while accellerating?

commonlaw

Loc.
Seattle
What is that screaming noise that emmanates from the engine area usually right after you start up a truck or car when initially excellerating? It is hard to describe but I am sure that we have all heard that "screaming noise" from some cars or trucks once in awhile while they drive down the road. My truck did it for two days at initial startup and then it went away.

OP
OP
commonlaw

commonlaw

Loc.
Seattle
actually, that very well could be...i recall looking at that the other day and thinking that may be it. Ultimately, I am not too concerned, I know I heard the sound on other vehicles and I know that it probably isnt hurting the truck but I like my rig to be tight so I will look into it more.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
how long have they been on there? i replace my belts every year, reguardles. they're cheap! like 6 bucks a piece, cheap insurance.

i take the belts that i remove and put them in the packages the new ones came in and have spares in the truck. that way the emergency belts get swapped out once a year too so they don't rot.

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
72302 said:
Screaming sound while accellerating?

Could it be coming from the passengers seat?

Thats were I hear most of the screaming coming from!

Sorry! I could not resist ;D

Last edited:

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Now that was funny Fathom and reminded of my own reference to faint screaming from a previous post concerning Mercon versus type F.

After driving a bunch today the shifting had seemed to improve by the time I pulled into the back yard as it was getting dark outside. As I was walking around the front of the Bronco towards the house I heard what could only be described as a groaning sound coming from under the hood. After a pause and further consideration upon what had been heard I opened the hood for a closer look. Hearing nothing now I decided to check the transmission fluid. As I pulled out the stick from the fill tube a dense fog of mist or smoke emanated from the tube enveloping me beneath the hood of my rig. I could hear a faint screaming sound coming from the area of the fill tube as I wondered what now. As I moved my head through the fog towards the fill tube the screaming sound became more and more faint. Lightning was illuminating the sky through the fog behind me as I leaned my head and ear closer to the tube enticed by the sound of a whisper that seemed to be saying closer, closer, come closer. All of a sudden a long skinny Type-F covered finger came shooting out of the tube and directly into my ear. I leaped back from the Bronco flailing my arms in the air as I heard my wife saying it's time to get up dear, the tricker treaters will be here soon.

But anyway, I would suspect belts :cool:

OP
OP
commonlaw

commonlaw

Loc.
Seattle
Fathom said:
Could it be coming from the passengers seat?

Thats were I hear most of the screaming coming from!

Sorry! I could not resist ;D

I was waiting for that remark.. Wouldnt be classicbroncos.com without someone saying it. And yes, 2 nights ago I got a scream out of my buddy rippin up my street and breakin the rear loose.

I will check out the belts. Thanks guys.

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Usually the screaming sound is people clearing the street and running for cover... ;D