• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Search for Special Feature Broncos for Bronco 50th event at Carlisle Ford Nationals

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Fellow Bronco Enthusiasts,

I am the founder and current President of Mid-Atlantic Early Broncos. Our club has been around for 18 years and has been the leader on the East Coast in getting Bronco enthusiasts together for related off road events and shows; including a substantial event we put on for the Bronco 40th in 2006.

Well, as they say, time flies, and the 50th Anniversary of the Bronco is already here in 2016 and I’m once again chairing this effort for the Bronco 50th events. We are working with partners such as Carlisle Events to highlight the Ford Bronco as this years featured vehicle at their Ford Nationals show June 3-5 in Carlisle, PA.

In case you have not attended this event before, here is a little about it. With over 3000 awesome Ford produced vehicles of all types throughout the 150 acre facility and show fields the Carlisle Ford Nationals is the largest show in the world that is exclusive to brands produced by Ford Motor Company. There are also hundreds of classic Fords for sale in the Car Corral as well as 2700 vendor spaces made up of 1200 swap meet vendors both large and small. In addition to the swap meet, there is also a Manufactures Midway with many major manufactures and “factory” display semis and tents. The Carlisle Ford Nationals regularly draws 60,000 or more over the weekend and is one of their largest specialty vehicle shows.

One of my tasks for showcasing the Bronco during this year’s feature is to gather 20-25 unique, outstanding and historical Broncos for a featured indoor display as I also did for them in 2006 for the 40th Anniversary which was a big hit.

If you have a Bronco that might be what I am looking for and would be willing to bring it to Carlisle, PA in June, please let me know ASAP and I will send you a request for more photos and details on your Bronco. In order to be considered and so I can best manage all submissions from various groups, forums and lists, please contact me at drew@earlybroncos.com with the subject line “your last name-year of Bronco-50th Invitational” as the subject line such as: Peroni-1977-50th Invitational.

Those selected will receive an exclusive Featured Invitational entry for your Bronco, an on-site parking pass for your tow rig and trailer if needed, and entry for two adults at no cost. In addition you will be invited to participate in a planned VIP reception / Event Kickoff which will be hosted for the owners and guest of all featured vehicles, event staff, and our Bronco VIPs, vendors and sponsors attending. You will also receive a special edition Bronco 50th Anniversary “Featured Vehicle” polo shirt.

Immediately following the Carlisle Ford Nationals weekend our club will be hosting our own Bronco 50th events through the week which will be capped off with our club’s 18th Annual East Coast Bronco Roundup the following weekend. This will be attended by 100+ Broncos and 250-300+ participants. You are also more than welcome to stay and make it a weeklong Bronco 50th celebration / family vacation as many of us are planning as well. Some of what we have planned for the week are street cruises and tours to local attractions such as the Antique Automobile Club of America Museum in Hershey, PA (which will have a Bronco 50th display feature as well), Hershey Park, Gettysburg Battlefield and more. We will also have four wheeling at three different locations throughout the week.

My goal it to make a display that shows just how wide of a range of ways that the ford Bronco is used and enjoyed. All vehicles must be quality examples in outstanding condition with the exception of some historic, competition or otherwise notable Bronco which may have some battle scars. In no particular order, here is some of what I am looking for.

NOTE: As per the Ford-Nationals requirements, ALL VECHICLES MUST BE FORD POWERED. The only possible exception may be for a diesel swap, but I will have to clear that with Carlisle Events.

• Survivor or original restoration of all generations and Bronco II
• Mega-Truck style Bronco
• Rock Bouncer style Bronco
• Drag racing Bronco
• Sand Drag / Gravelrama style hillclimb Bronco
• Baja style race Bronco
• KOH/Ultra4 Bronco
• Stroppe Baja Bronco
• Early Bronco with Special Décor stripe package
• Early Bronco with Exploer stripe package
• Early Bronco with Ranger stripe package
• 78-79 with reflective chromatic stripe package\
• 25th Anniversary Edition Bronco
• Lowered Early Bronco
• Customs of all generations
• Early and/or FSB with pop up camper
• Work trucks (i.e Broncos used and/or with livery from a service station, utility company, rail road, police or fire dept., etc.)

If you have, or know of anyone who has one of the above, or if you have something else that I missed which you think would be a good one to represent in this historic event, please contact me at drew@earlybroncos.com with the following info:

• Owners name and contact info.
• Year of Bronco, special features or noteworthy items, history, etc.
• Clear, well-lit and in focus photos of:
• Front, Side, Interior & Engine (only if outstanding, most will be shown with hood down)

Thanks,
Drew Peroni

President, Mid-Atlantic Early Broncos
Chairman, MEB/Carlisle Events Ford Bronco 50th Anniversary
drew@earlybroncos.com
www.fordbronco50th.com
www.earlybroncos.com
www.carlisleevents.com

Attachments

• 2016-50th-bannerv2_741062352.jpg
    2016-50th-bannerv2_741062352.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 4f8b90fc-aa7a-4e4c-9e28-9662c8b89ddf.jpg
    4f8b90fc-aa7a-4e4c-9e28-9662c8b89ddf.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 58
  • f4480df4-9f58-4d49-9c14-a49bb5745994.jpg
    f4480df4-9f58-4d49-9c14-a49bb5745994.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 93a22eae-9c5c-4011-afc6-0e50cf659edd.jpg
    93a22eae-9c5c-4011-afc6-0e50cf659edd.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Feel free to post some pics of potential candidates here (yours, or one of someone else who you think should be considered), but if it is yours, be sure to email me as per above so I can keep track of all submissions.

Remember, there are only 20-25 spots inside to cover a very wide range of styles and multiple generations.

However, there are a nearly unlimited number of spaces on the show field for all Bronco to attend and participate in this milestone event!

broncojack

Contributor
When would you need the vehicle at the show, Friday thru Sunday?

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Bump....The search continues...

I have had a few submissions, but we're still in need of more to round out what will surely be a very impressive display of diverse mix Broncos and how they are used and enjoyed for work and play and are preserved for history.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
but you are not in charge of any of the blue oval powered exotics invites ... like pantera gt5s / koenigsegg ccxr aso ?

how about 4door centurion broncos c150 / c350 ?

the white/ blue isn't mine !

Attachments

• 4dment8IC1IP3Q.jpg
    4dment8IC1IP3Q.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
but you are not in charge of any of the blue oval powered exotics invites ... like pantera gt5s / koenigsegg ccxr aso ?

how about 4door centurion broncos c150 / c350 ?

No, I only speak Broncos, none of that exoitc foreign stuff, so I'm just in charge of putting together a line up of good old 100% American made Broncos. ;D

However, if you had something in mind, I know people and might be able to help you out. ;)

Yes, a Centurian would be good. I believe I had one as part of the display for the 40th, but forgot to list those again.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
yeah Pm me the info for the exotic foreign stuff organizer !

regarding the 4doors ... mine is nice but its nothing like Dr. Audra's bone stock super low miles ( I think under 40k) c150 + shes got the matching big brother c350 !
I think the pair made broncodriver cover one year !

Attachments

• 4dimg_7811.jpg
    4dimg_7811.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 73
OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
yeah Pm me the info for the exotic foreign stuff organizer !

regarding the 4doors ... mine is nice but its nothing like Dr. Audra's bone stock super low miles ( I think under 40k) c150 + shes got the matching big brother c350 !
I think the pair made broncodriver cover one year !

If you want to submit yours or your friends Centurian, please email me with the subject line as mentioned in my OP so I can keep track of them in my inbox.

I will PM you the contact for the Director of the Ford Nationals. There is no regular organizer for the exotics unless they are having a special feature that year (like last year with the Ford GT), but there will be other unique vehicles on display in a building next to the one the Broncos and one or two other main featured models are.

Last year they changed the format on feature displays. Now, the large building is used to showcase the featured models that year (i.e. last year was the Ford GT and related exotics, so the building was full of GTs, a couple original GT40's and a Daytona.). Other invitational vehicles are displayed in another building and are given a consecutive number. We had my dad's 66 U13 displayed in there last year to promote this years 50th event, and it was #007. The building holds about 14 vehicles, so this year will be something like #015-028 and so on.

Attachments

• IMG_20160119_152747435.jpg
    IMG_20160119_152747435.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20160119_153214.jpg
    IMG_20160119_153214.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20160119_153226.jpg
    IMG_20160119_153226.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20150606_110132207 (1).jpg
    IMG_20150606_110132207 (1).jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
If you want to submit yours or your friends Centurian, please email me with the subject line as mentioned in my OP so I can keep track of them in my inbox.

I emailed her about it w. all your info ... ill get back to you about the 4doors !

regarding the exotics ... I kinda fig ..no point in hauling a stock ford gt up ...probl. minimum 50 at the show ..inc 2-3 2016 once ... but would like to know if they have any gt5s and ccxr !

ps; ... love a few you posted ... 73 capri / 68 xr7 gte & 69 - 429 !

Last edited:
OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I emailed her about it w. all your info ... ill get back to you about the 4doors !

regarding the exotics ... I kinda fig ..no point in hauling a stock ford gt up ...probl. minimum 50 at the show ..inc 2-3 2016 once ... but would like to know if they have any gt5s and ccxr !

ps; ... love a few you posted ... 73 capri / 68 xr7 gte & 69 - 429 !

There's normally only a handful of GTs unless it is a special feature like last year. However, after a feature year, sometime the attendance regular grows the next few years from people who attended the first time as part of the large event. We saw that after the Bronco 40th.

Ken called me after my last post and I mentioned it to him and he may be interested in the GT5S. Is the Koenigsegg CCXR Ford powered

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
The CC8S and following CCR used the 4.7 Liter V8. The CCX engine is based on the 5.0-litre & is twin-turbocharged.
The new one .. Agera features a Koenigsegg developed 5.0-litre variable geometry twin-turbo V8 engine capable of 910 hp .... looking at it the block is def. a 5.0 or a very good copy of it !

addendum .... to clear this up and bc I learned something new today !!!

turns out in 2012 Christian decided instead of machining ford 5.0 block to the specs needed he would cast his own 5.0 blocks by reynolds world in the UK ! ( its more economical that way ) All current engines are "based-off" of the Ford mod motors ... Subsequently he also started using his own ecu management system !

based on all this info and since this is a ccx ghost version ....very lil if anything at all on it is made by ford !

Sorry .... this one cant play @ Carlisle Ford Nationals ! they need to find an older model ! ;)

Attachments

• Koenigsegg-CCXR-Edition-Engine.jpg
    Koenigsegg-CCXR-Edition-Engine.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN0279.jpg
    DSCN0279.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

edmedlin

Loc.
Republic Missouri
Drew, mine will be out of paint Monday. If it is not too late, I will send you some pictures. It has a new stock interior and paint. It is some custom, and some stock resto. A really nice 1975 example of an early Bronco with some Baja and custom touches.

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Drew, mine will be out of paint Monday. If it is not too late, I will send you some pictures. It has a new stock interior and paint. It is some custom, and some stock resto. A really nice 1975 example of an early Bronco with some Baja and custom touches.

Send me an email, pics and specs with the subject line as described in my original post so I can keep track of it and tag it
Into my feature submissions folder.

I have about 10 submissions so far, but gave not started to look at them all yet.

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
For those who have sent in submissions, I have not forgotten about you!

I have been pretty overloaded with 100 other aspects of the 50th planning I am working on and the Invitational Display Broncos have not made it to the top of the list quite yet.

I will start reviewing the submissions I have received this week to see what all fits in with what we are working towards to round out the display and will also start targeting some specific Broncos or types of builds if I do not have any submitted.

So, if anyone still wants to submit for this unique opportunity to show off your Bronco at a world class event with over 60,000 people attending, please see post #1 for info on how to submit it to me.

Thanks,
Drew

broncodrew

Broncitis,

I tried to responds to your message..you are out of storage space for private messages:eek:

I sent you a message a few weeks ago.

badillac@yahoo.com

Thanks,
broncodrew