• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Selling my 76 EB tub

Bob Wood

Good morning all, I've had my 76 for almost 30 years (garaged) and about six years ago I started a refresh that turned into a full frame off restoration. Chassis and driveline are done. 5.8L with GT40P heads, Trick Flow intake, 24lb injectors...guessing 325-350 hp...I could go on....

Anyway, my plan for the body was to repair the known problems on the existing body. It's in very good condition, straight, never hit. It came from the southwest when I bought it. The idiot before patched the floor pan in the worst way, so I knew that would be the problem, along with rockers and door posts. So I had it dipped at a cost of about $3k. It came back with more cancer exposed then I had expected, but still planned to repair. I built a sold jig for it and have it on a rotisserie.

I've been busy with work for the past year, and I'm 64...so with the prospect of building a retirement house in the mountains I think that maybe it's time I back off and take a shortcut and buy a new body from Dennis Carpenter, they're only a couple/three hours from me.

So I'm trying to gauge interest in selling the tub and determining a price, so;
  1. Any interest? If there is, I'll post detailed pictures and list it in the Classified section.
  2. I have no idea how to price, so any advice would be appreciated.
I'm in Virginia, if anyone is interested. Thanks for the time and advice guys!

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Someone will buy almost anything, rusty tubs are common and don't bring much. You won't likely even recover cost to dip. So get what you can or it is just scrap.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Pics are always good...I had a hell of time looking for one awhile back

SeaVee

Contributor
Check with DC on lead times, when I inquired ( about 2 1/2 years ago) it was 2 years.

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
Rust Belt Broncos is delivering bodies in <9mos.

Where are you located? I’m always interest in buying another body. Saving them is a bit of a hobby for me right now.

OP
OP
B

Bob Wood

Someone will buy almost anything, rusty tubs are common and don't bring much. You won't likely even recover cost to dip. So get what you can or it is just scrap.

It's truly not that bad, I just haven't done body welding in 30 years. Thx

SeaVee

Contributor
I’m close, in VB. I get over your way once a month or so. Love to check it out and chat. Just finishing up a 77 and we kept the original body even though it was pretty rough

joshua

Contributor
Isn’t Dennis Carpenter out of Iowa?

Nvm idk why I thought that