• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Shackle bolt size?

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I need a new bolt for the rear shackle. I can't for the life of me find the old one I removed. Can someone chime in and give me the right bolt size quick so I can stop at Fastenal and pick up a couple please? Much appreciated! ;D

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
spring side is 5/8 chassis side is 9/16. you want the shank to go through the whole thing

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I think its a 9/16-13. I noticed two weeks ago I was missing a nut on passenger side and the drivers side was loose. Went to my fav store and realized Lowes don't sell anything bigger than 1/2". Luckily I had another nut in the garage and slapped it on. I hope to get new shackle bushings for Xmas, but will replace the old bolts with new ones with nylon nuts fastened down.