• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

sharing my latest experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

beerad

Loc.
rochester mn
yup im dam irritated ... and think this was inappropriate for someone in customer service

First off I wanna believe that you and I have absolutely no problem with each other am I correct with that statement?
If that's true I have a few inquisitive questions for you. I truly have no attitude and this is really just a fact finding mission.
First off I know what happened to you when you tried buying parts from the Duffs. I don't know exact dates and history and I certainly don't know all the details but I get that you got parts delivered to you that were not shipped complete, or wrong and didn't fit or work on your bronco. I know Denver tried to make it right but but couldn't for some reason.
With that being said I want you to know that since I joined the Duff team in September of 14 a lot of changes have been made. Denver no longer works here, Troy our packaging and shipping guy is gone and only one guy from manufacturing still works for us since you were buying parts from us. We have a whole new team here. I have made hundreds of quality control changes and we now have a team of guys in every department that care about their job and the quality of our parts. I am first to admit there was a problem and I want you to know that the company that pissed you off then is not the same company today.
Also i hope you are aware that I care very much about the bronco community and am passionate about quality and customer service. I hope that has been evident in the posts in tech and chat. Plus you know I don't bad mouth other companies, I don't say "our parts are better than theirs because..." I really just want to help anyway that I can.
So here is my question, I got no problem with you not wanting to support James Duff but after reading through this thread and getting numerous phone calls from other customers. why do you direct people towards a company that doesn't take care of customer complaints and issues?
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=254575
As a community we are on this forum to help people get a quality product with excellent customer service. It just seems odd that you are directing people down a path that could just end in frustration. I noticed yesterday in another thread you made the same recommendation and it made me wonder why.
Anyways, hope this doesn't offend you I really am just curious.
Michael

MY RESPONSE
I think were beating a dead horse ... and I'm tired ... people ask what I have on my existing bronco and what im putting on my current build.... CAGE no issues no complaints.....as I recall this is an open form and I am only expressing my experiences with both DUFF and CAGE.......I was going to put in a 427 in my new build as well but it seems someone didn't want to sell their entire setup but is what it is...................Lets find something better to discuss next time please

HIS REPLY
No dead horse to beat here. I really just try to point people in a direction that will help them. If you are aware of a problem or an issue I know you are the kind of guy that is first to speak up when it directly effects you. It seems odd that you would suggest people to go down a path that could potentially cause them frustration even if your experience was good. At the very least If I'm going to recommend someone to use a business that has been known to have issues supplying product and not dealing with customer complaints I would contact that business and find out whats going on before I send another person in that direction. Open forum or not I truly believe we are a community that helps people and it is pretty evident that the early bronco community is far more helpful than most other open forums.
In this post the OP did not even ask about for an opinion of any vendor accept Toms or Duffs. yet you went out of your way to offer an entirely different vendor that you know has had complaints from customers. When you do that what is your goal? are you truly trying to help the OP cuz at this point id be slapping a disclaimer on that recommendation "buyer beware" comes to mind.
regarding the drive train i was selling. I had people in front of you that were serious buyers. I give everyone time to make a big decision before i let someone cut in front of them. I don't think you would like someone cutting in front of you. Values, ethics and Morales are very important to me. money and broncos come and go but relationships good or bad last a lifetime.
Not trying to preach and certainly don't have any interest in arguing with you BUT a lot has changed since you bought from us and its apparent that holds true from where you purchased other parts. Stay in the path your in or roll with the changes is up to you. Free country Man

MY RESPONSE
OF THE 2 INQUIRED ABOUT IN THE FORM THREAD ONE I HAVE HAD SIGNIFICANT ISSUES WITH..... duff....funny though all the issues u expressed about cage I experienced with duffs....... I GAVE AN EXAMPLE OF A SUPERIOR PRODUCT ....IMO.... THAT I HAVE HAD NO ISSUES WITH ... NONE .... ZERO....FUNNY TOMS DOSENT GET ALL BENT ABOUT MY OPINION ..... TIME TO MOVE ALONG .... THANKS AND GOOD NIGHT ...
so do u harass other CB members that disagree with your duff ways......
HIS REPLY
seriously just discussing stuff with you, are you always this moody? im cool as a cucumber. you mad bro?
LOL dude its all good. I had a valid beef and I addressed it. im good

MY RESPONSE
whos doing the validating ...Suzie?!
HIS REPLY
*Suzy not Suzie
nope, just me asking questions out of curiosity. Your telling me that my questions have no validity?
Come on, you know if someone told you to go buy parts from a guy that takes months to get his product to ppl and doesnt answer their phone you'd be pissed. Really pissed when later you would discover another company had the same parts for the same price and would ship the next day plus answer the phone mon-fri
how is what im saying not adding up?? lets just for a second take your beef with Duffs and two competing companies out of the equation. The math adds up!

MY RESPONSE
I just ordered a fucking set of off set coil buckets from duffs they arrived perfect (wifes name… look it up) .... but here we are reliving the bull shit they put me through in years prior .... im trying to move on get off my ass
at this point I would consider this harassment and Suzie will be getting a call

HIS REPLY
lol this is not harassment. We are just two dudes having a chat on a public forum. I had questions and concerns what's the harm in asking? Besides I asked I got an answer and I'm good. You do what you gotta do bud. Thank you and good night.
Michael

Last edited:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Yea I guess all that would fluff a fellas feathers.

Can't say I've ever been harassed by anyone's customers srvice before,well at least not in the Bronco world!

hammer

Bronco Guru
but here we are reliving the bull shit they put me through in years prior .... im trying to move on get off my ass

Doesn't look like you're moving on. Looks like your stirring up drama.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
First off lets make sure the entire discussion is presented. Im more than happy to discuss this. I took this upon myself to ask and I asked it in private to be respectful of Beerad. apparently this should be a public discussion. If you guys dont agree with my actions and I have stepped out of line speak up.

My question to Beerad
First off I wanna believe that you and I have absolutely no problem with each other am I correct with that statement?

If that's true I have a few inquisitive questions for you. I truly have no attitude and this is really just a fact finding mission.

First off I know what happened to you when you tried buying parts from the Duffs. I don't know exact dates and history and I certainly don't know all the details but I get that you got parts delivered to you that were not shipped complete, or wrong and didn't fit or work on your bronco. I know Denver tried to make it right but but couldn't for some reason.

With that being said I want you to know that since I joined the Duff team in September of 14 a lot of changes have been made. Denver no longer works here, Troy our packaging and shipping guy is gone and only one guy from manufacturing still works for us since you were buying parts from us. We have a whole new team here. I have made hundreds of quality control changes and we now have a team of guys in every department that care about their job and the quality of our parts. I am first to admit there was a problem and I want you to know that the company that pissed you off then is not the same company today.

Also i hope you are aware that I care very much about the bronco community and am passionate about quality and customer service. I hope that has been evident in the posts in tech and chat. Plus you know I don't bad mouth other companies, I don't say "our parts are better than theirs because..." I really just want to help anyway that I can.

So here is my question, I got no problem with you not wanting to support James Duff but after reading through this thread and getting numerous phone calls from other customers. why do you direct people towards a company that doesn't take care of customer complaints and issues?

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=254575

As a community we are on this forum to help people get a quality product with excellent customer service. It just seems odd that you are directing people down a path that could just end in frustration. I noticed yesterday in another thread you made the same recommendation and it made me wonder why.

Anyways, hope this doesn't offend you I really am just curious.

Michael

Beerads Response:

I think were beating a dead horse ... and I'm tired ... people ask what I have on my existing bronco and what im putting on my current build.... CAGE no issues no complaints.....as I recall this is an open form and I am only expressing my experiences with both DUFF and CAGE.......I was going to put in a 427 in my new build as well but it seems someone didn't want to sell their entire setup but is what it is...................Lets find something better to discuss next time please

My response back:
No dead horse to beat here. I really just try to point people in a direction that will help them. If you are aware of a problem or an issue I know you are the kind of guy that is first to speak up when it directly effects you. It seems odd that you would suggest people to go down a path that could potentially cause them frustration even if your experience was good. At the very least If I'm going to recommend someone to use a business that has been known to have issues supplying product and not dealing with customer complaints I would contact that business and find out whats going on before I send another person in that direction. Open forum or not I truly believe we are a community that helps people and it is pretty evident that the early bronco community is far more helpful than most other open forums.

In this post the OP did not even ask about for an opinion of any vendor accept Toms or Duffs. yet you went out of your way to offer an entirely different vendor that you know has had complaints from customers. When you do that what is your goal? are you truly trying to help the OP cuz at this point id be slapping a disclaimer on that recommendation "buyer beware" comes to mind.

regarding the drive train i was selling. I had people in front of you that were serious buyers. I give everyone time to make a big decision before i let someone cut in front of them. I don't think you would like someone cutting in front of you. Values, ethics and Morales are very important to me. money and broncos come and go but relationships good or bad last a lifetime.

Not trying to preach and certainly don't have any interest in arguing with you BUT a lot has changed since you bought from us and its apparent that holds true from where you purchased other parts. Stay in the path your in or roll with the changes is up to you. Free country Mang
Beerads response
OF THE 2 INQUIRED ABOUT IN THE FORM THREAD ONE I HAVE HAD SIGNIFICANT ISSUES WITH..... duff....funny though all the issues u expressed about cage I experienced with duffs....... I GAVE AN EXAMPLE OF A SUPERIOR PRODUCT ....IMO.... THAT I HAVE HAD NO ISSUES WITH ... NONE .... ZERO....FUNNY TOMS DOSENT GET ALL BENT ABOUT MY OPINION ..... TIME TO MOVE ALONG .... THANKS AND GOOD NIGHT ...so do u harass other CB members that disagree with your duff ways......

My response
LOL dude its all good. I had a valid beef and I addressed it. im good.
seriously just discussing stuff with you, are you always this moody? im cool as a cucumber. you mad bro? ;)

Beerads response:
I just ordered a fucking set of off set coli buckets from duffs they arrived perfect (rayelle willson look it up) .... but here we are reliving the bull shit they put me through in years prior .... im trying to move on get off my ass. whos doing the validating ...Suzie?!

my response

*Suzy not Suzie

nope, just me asking questions out of curiosity. Your telling me that my questions have no validity?

Come on, you know if someone told you to go buy parts from a guy that takes months to get his product to ppl and doesnt answer their phone you'd be pissed. Really pissed when later you would discover another company had the same parts for the same price and would ship the next day plus answer the phone mon-fri
how is what im saying not adding up?? lets just for a second take your beef with Duffs and two competing companies out of the equation. The math adds up!

beerads response:

My response:

lol this is not harassment. We are just two dudes having a chat on a public forum. I had questions and concerns what's the harm in asking? Besides I asked I got an answer and I'm good. You do what you gotta do bud. Thank you and good night.

Michael

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Wow.. Well, you can say he at least tried right. No dog in the fight really.

We know you're just working for a better company Mike.

In this world we live in, not everyone is always gonna be pleased.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Wow.. Well, you can say he at least tried right. No dog in the fight really.

We know you're just working for a better company Mike.

In this world we live in, not everyone is always gonna be pleased.

Ya, like i said i was just curious. Not really sure why its offensive?? Just thought we were all here to help eachother.

I was polite, pleasant, respectful and had the best intentions contacting Beerad. where did i go wrong?

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My response
LOL dude its all good. I had a valid beef and I addressed it. im good.
seriously just discussing stuff with you, are you always this moody? im cool as a cucumber. you mad bro? ;)

Beerads response:
I just ordered a fucking set of off set coli buckets from duffs they arrived perfect (rayelle willson look it up) .... but here we are reliving the bull shit they put me through in years prior .... im trying to move on get off my ass. whos doing the validating ...Suzie?!

my response

*Suzy not Suzie

beerads response:

My response:

Michael

at this point in the conversation you are no longer providing any level of customer service or even basic professionalism. Even reading your own side of the story, it looks like you knew how the conversation was going to go, yet you pursued it anyway. This is a no win for you, and for James Duff. You haven't defended your position, you've only shown a lack of seriousness in dealing with a bad customer experience. If you behaved that way at my company, you would be shown the door, post haste.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
at this point in the conversation you are no longer providing any level of customer service or even basic professionalism. Even reading your own side of the story, it looks like you knew how the conversation was going to go, yet you pursued it anyway. This is a no win for you, and for James Duff. You haven't defended your position, you've only shown a lack of seriousness in dealing with a bad customer experience. If you behaved that way at my company, you would be shown the door, post haste.

Ya I shoulda ended it, don't think the outcome woulda have changed but like you said it was no use trying to reiterate my concerns to a person who is not interested in hearing them.

You really think my original question/concern was out of line though?

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ya I shoulda ended it, don't think the outcome woulda have changed but like you said it was no use trying to reiterate my concerns to a person who is not interested in hearing them.

You really think my original question/concern was out of line though?

I think it could have gone better with something along the lines of,

Hi Beerad,

I know you have had some bad experiences dealing with JD in the past. I wanted to let you know that we have a new team running the business and wanted to see if we could discuss some of the issues and bury the hatchet.

Thank you,

Michael

The way it was presented, with all of the apology and diversion, does nothing to open the dialogue in a constructive way. Sure, you could have been genuine in your desire to smooth things over, but it still looks like you knew what was coming. The discussion should have been dropped the first time he said move on.

That's my $0.02.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
he never comes prepared kind of like bringing a super soaker to a house fire:-X

I blame it on my advancing years. Heck, I don't even bother to take my keys in with me to parties any more.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.