• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

shift lever socket fixed!!

74baja

I just replaced a broken Shift Lever Socket in my 74 in about 1 hour time.. thanks to this site and the 3 part wild horses YouTube vid on it. I felt confident. I got the import version from wh and its looks really good for half the price I knew it was a good choice since I will be getting a tilt column in the near future 29 bucks in stead of 64 bucks sounds like a no brainer, unless its like plastic or something.it is actually nice.. I powder coated it and its looking better that the rest of the column...also had a new turn signal switch so I thought this was the time to install it...it all went in well. Make sure you don't slice the new wires when you slip the sleeve onto the shaft .. that is the only really tricky part.. now my shifter is way smoother,, I ready to roll!!!