• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Shimming Body Mounts

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I need to shim some of my body mounts and am wondering what is best to use. I have a new WH 1" body lift that includes new body mounts installed. Would big washers work? I am lifting the body on the drivers rear side and need to go up about 1/2".

Thanks

Zillacon

Loc.
Hackin Away!
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this should have been taken care of before you had that custom cage built as it will have an effect on how that cage goes back in and squares up. I'd level the body out then set the cage in to see how things ling up before you get it powder coated in case you need to cut some welds.

OP
OP
airbur

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
Thanks guys....I thought about the cage and if it's too much difference, I'll just leave it as is.

I'll check Ace for those washers.

OP
OP
airbur

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
Well, I removed the rear mount. Then I decided to measure before going any further. I tool the bumper off and measured to the ground. It's fully 3/4" lower on the drivers side all the way along the frame. I'm going to try 1" higher springs on that side and see what happens.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I used electrical reducing washers. They stack nice on the mounts.I forget the exact size but u you can measure and compare.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Well, I removed the rear mount. Then I decided to measure before going any further. I tool the bumper off and measured to the ground. It's fully 3/4" lower on the drivers side all the way along the frame. I'm going to try 1" higher springs on that side and see what happens.

Is it lower in the front too?

You got the bronco lean.