• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Shortage of Spindles?

Hiker

Loc.
Tumwater, Wa.
Anyone else experiencing problems getting new spindles for disc brake conversions? They have been on order for 2 weeks, and I just learned from a buddy that his have been on back order for over 3 weeks. Seems like bad business to advertise something you can't deliver. Am I missing something here?

yakelys69

Funny I thought they could only put the funds on hold and not actually pull the monies from the card untill it shipped. That's how the online stores I've setup work.

OP
OP
H

Hiker

Loc.
Tumwater, Wa.
Funny I thought they could only put the funds on hold and not actually pull the monies from the card untill it shipped. That's how the online stores I've setup work.

Maybe you're right, I've not actually gotten my credit card statement. I did get a confirmation from the vendor showing the charge. Maybe I can still cancel. Still seems like poor business; there was no mention that the parts were unavailable when I placed the order.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
I would see if anyone else has them and cancel them off of the order if they do. Shouldn't be a problem for them. Like yakelys69 said the funds should just be on hold and they can adjust the amount without a problem. Has been my experience anyway. I have had the same backorder issue on a couple of items and was able to change it over the phone. Just don't buy the last set of spindles cause I need a set as well.;D

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Don't know which vendor you ordered from but if it was an online order none of them track inventory real time or at any time as far as I can tell. If it was a phone order they should have told you upfront. Maybe an oversight maybe poor business practice. You will know which one if you try to change the order. Don't let them give you any BS about restocking fees either if the parts haven't shipped.