• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Side mirror options?

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I'm looking for side mirror options. I plan on running my doors so I don't need any fender or windshield pillar mounted mirrors.

I have some on there now from a local parts store, but they only lasted a year or so before the "stainless" steel started rusting.

I'm leaning towards 1980-91 F-series/Bronco mirrors. Anyone run these?
i-1.JPG

IPwizard

Loc.
NE Ohio
I had a set of these on my Bronco before I started the body work. My uncle really liked them there nice when/if you tow the bronco cause they will fold up tight to the doors.

I dont really like the mirrors to big for my taste, and have since fill in the holles.

I still have the mirrors laying around here, if you want to take a look at them.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
I dont know if the angle of the brackets will comform to the doors. Something to look into. I replaced mine (looking crummy). I hade to get a universal style. The difference being that the brackets were "hinged" to comform to the side of the door. If you want I can get a pic later.

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
[quote author=jeepster link=board=5;threadid=15566;start=0#msg117881 date=1048501195]
I dont know if the angle of the brackets will comform to the doors. Something to look into. I replaced mine (looking crummy). I hade to get a universal style. The difference being that the brackets were "hinged" to comform to the side of the door. If you want I can get a pic later.
[/quote]
I like to see what you have too.
TIA

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
i have a set ready to go on as soon as i do my doors. i've seen it on other eb's and it fits. it does stick out a little too much for tight trials. just picture a bonco II and you'll get the idea. Find the ones that fit the ford ranger or bronco II because the full size truck ones are little bigger and may not fit the eb door.

VBH289

Loc.
Colorado
I got a set of universal mirrors from Napa, the look good and were good for about a year, then the cold cracked and broke the drivers side... Good look, bad quality :-

IowaMike

Bronco Guru
Are you set on chrome? I've seen that type as a universal in black. Don't look too bad, wouldn't have to worry about the chrome flaking or chip and touch-up would be easy.

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
I have been trying to find a solution to this design problem for a while, the stock mirrors are just too small, I can't see anything out of them. I have seen a universal that looks like what you have pictured but is smaller, both in frame and in mirror head size, (in chrome, and black) for "mid and mini" sized trucks at GI Joe. I hate the idea of drilling new holes in one of the only notyetrusted areas of my rig though. Seems like if that were the only solution, a piece of rubber could be shaped to be a spacer at the bottom mount point to level the bracket. The only hole pattern that I have found(5" O.C.) that matches the OEM holes is the 92-95(?) F150 mirror, but the mirror head is so modern looking that it looks kind of funky, and there is an arm that is designed to go through the door to the inner face and bolt there for stability. That would have to be cut off, and the mirror head might not have stability then. The ranger and BII "Flag" mirrors are mounted at 4" O. C. and still seem small to me.

THe search for the perfect solution continues....

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Ok, here are some pics......

I was gonna replace my mirrors with some like a bronco ll.....I have a bronco ll and tried to fit them but the profile of the door side is not the same
These universal mounts allowed me to fit the mount with the profile of the door. notice the "hinge"
mirror_hinge_mount.jpg

I dont like are how the arm is kinda long and the mirror head is cheep plastic.....but they were only $20

mirror.jpg

edge4

Contributor
Loc.
Gonzales, Texas
Here's a shot of the 80-91 mirror on my 76'. Earlier years had the rounded back, later models angled back.

johnedgecomb1.jpg

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
[quote author=edge4 link=board=5;threadid=15566;start=0#msg118125 date=1048565746]
Here's a shot of the 80-91 mirror on my 76'. Earlier years had the rounded back, later models angled back.

johnedgecomb1.jpg

[/quote]

80-91 what? What do you mean when you say rounded/angled back? Would it be possible to get a closer look at the mounting on the door?

brian72

Early Bronco Student
This is a picture of the mirrors that were on my '72. I have no idea if they were stock or a replacement.

Mirror

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
Aren't those the infamous "roadster" mirrors on Brians rig? If so, they are like gold to some of the roadster guys here Brian.

I pulled into a convenience store yesterday and there was a mid 80's Ford Astro van sitting next to me. My F250 has the mirrors that Jon pictured, and this van had mirrors that looked to be the same shape, but they were smaller, both the arm and the mirror head. Looked slimmer and the mount was not so bulky.

The F150-250 mirror looks proportional on the full size truck, but I am afraid it will be tooo bulky on the EB. ??? ::) :p

dpm