• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Side mirrors without doors?

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Spring is near and I want the doors off, but its a law in Va. to have side mirrors at all times. Anyone know of an after market kit or idea that might be able to move them? Pics? Links? Thanks

Mikeg23

Loc.
Greenwood, IN
broncohio.com has a jeep mirror swap in their tech section. Does the law say you have to have two mirrors or just the drivers side?

T

tflack

Do you have a cage ? If so I will post a pic of a little socal setup (same law).

OP
OP
BoltBuster

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Cage is in the works, send pic anyway, this sounds more of what Im looking for than something mounted on the window. thanks

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
tflack said:
Do you have a cage ? If so I will post a pic of a little socal setup (same law).

I have a cage.. So lets see that Socal set up you've got me curious ;D

OP
OP
BoltBuster

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
MnkyBiz said:
Check these out!!!!!!

If you have the cage, get the BLING!!!!!

When I get my tube doors, I plan on running a mirror like these!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/URL]

Now those are the macdaddy! Got a pic of your doors?

tflack those look great how much do they run$?

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
BoltBuster,

I don't have Tube's yet. I have been waiting for Classic4x4s to tell us here that his company has them available for us & that he is hosting a mass buy for us!!!!!!!

But when I get 'em, I'll post 'em!

DEANCURTIS17

Loc.
Northern Virginia
Remeber you VA guys, you only need two mirrors total. One on the windshield, and the other on the driver side door. Some some food for thought.....I also run the black antique tags (no inspection needed), usually Johnny Law doesn't mess with me too much. I'm running without doors too, the stock mirrors don't work for me when the doors are on anyways, so without them I'm not missing much. Can't wait for the warm weather! Good luck! ;D

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
I am liking quite a bit of stuff off of Dansperformanceparts.com. Nice stuff and reasonable.

Here is my idea for mirrors with no doors.

Imagine a machined Tblock bolted or screwed to the windsheild frame. Have the part that isnt mounted to the frame angled out far enough and with a hole to bolt a Harley Davidson bike mirror to.

This was the way I was going to go but I think I will be going to clamp on mirrors to my cage. Was planning on 1.75 HERW but am considering 1.5 as well. This way would allow me to run the cheaper Dans side mirrors and and other accessories,as in rearview mirror and fold down CB whip mount. Its all about the bling on my trail rig! LMAO

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Junk Driver said:
I am liking quite a bit of stuff off of Dansperformanceparts.com. Nice stuff and reasonable.

Glad you liked the Link, I just don't have a cage yet!

Remember! We need to see pictures...........

Thanks

Fathom

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
I purchased a Tach mount from Dan's! Nice quality, great service!

billet_tach_mount.jpg

Last edited:

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Quite a bit of his stuff Also comes in 2". As it turned out, my sissy bar as 1.5" so I got that.

I would suggest giving him a call!

MnkyBiz