• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Side Steps

Torkman66

Contributor
Pretty much read everything I could find on steps for the Broncos. Most are a combo rock slider/step setup. There are the powered AMP electric steps that are very pricey. Was wondering about one of those single 10" steps with some modification to bolt it to the frame. Not sure.

Any other step options that anyone has come up with. I have the aux tank and would like to keep it.

BRONCOchild2.0

Loc.
SoCal
Are you looking for the steps that bolt onto the frame? I think some of the vendors in here have steps like that. Plus, I'm sure you can walk into any big box, maybe small box, 4x4 shop and get something out of a catalog. Best of luck in your search.

Jc.av8r

I just put the AMP steps on. They're amazing, but definitely not for anyone that does heavy off-roading. I wouldn't treat them like a rocker bar, but they're amazing as a road use / dress up item.

Functionally, they really help getting in/out as well. No regerts!

OP
OP
Torkman66

Torkman66

Contributor
I don’t believe the AMP steps work with the aux tank, correct?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
just for looks right, not doing no real wheeling, over big o rocks?

OP
OP
Torkman66

Torkman66

Contributor
No wheeling, no rocks, just to help us get up in the seat.

OP
OP
Torkman66

Torkman66

Contributor
I would love the auto strps but already have new original style fuel tank and original style aux tank that were not cheap to replace. Also have the fuel switch already plumbed into the lines. So really want to keep the aux tank and from what I see, the auto steps cannot be used with aux tanks. Thoughts?