• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

side View Mirrors

brycerico

Hi everyone,
I'm working on a '72 that has the stock side view mirrors. In my opinion they are so small they are almost useless. I really like the larger fold style mirrors that are similar to what Ford had on many of the late 70's, 80's and early 90's full size trucks. Although I do think they look kind of large and unproportional on the smaller body early bronco. The link below shows a bronco with that same style mirror but the frame is smaller and it looks a lot more proportional.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267705

Where these a option for the Bronco for any years? Or does anyone have any info on these mirrors? Donner vehicle?

Thanks

66broncoCT

Contributor
Loc.
Torrington, CT
The rangers and maybe the bronco II's had the smaller ones. Look like the ones on the 80's-90's full size just about 75% of the size. Don't know the years sorry but it should be the same year range as the full sizes. They're also available aftermarket still

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
having installed these mirrors I would say .....don't.
I can't seem to see anything out of them.

I will be either going with the windshield mount TJ after market mirrors or Titan Mike's one piece Windows and his mirror mount.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I put mirrors like those on a Scout around 1980, didn't really like them after they were on.

They vibrate a lot on the highway, and don't show as much as you expect.

Soylent

Contributor
Loc.
California
I have the larger (full size) mirrors on my 69. I hate them. They move. Pedestrians bump into them in parking lots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
.my buddy put those TJ aftermarket windshield mount mirrors on his because he takes his doors off but they have turned out to be excellent mirrors to see out of.
They also fold way out of the way to avoid trail obstacles.

pipermike

I'm in the same boat, need to put mirrors on my new door skin, I just sat down thinking about it & this thread was right in front of me. Great info guys.

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
I'm with BN73. I like the idea of the stockers but if you go doorless they are no good, the Ranger Bronco II ones are crap even when new, 5they flop around and are useless in short time. The stock remote EB ones are hard to find and only available for the drivers side, so pass is not symmetrical( I like symmetry, sorry). The Crown Vic type manual or electric remote have too short a stem to work well with the EB but are very stock looking readily available and the pas side is functional. the SS Jeeep ones with round not square heads. I am not using included brackets as I am going a slightly different route as you will see.
I am modifying The arms using the alloy pinch block so it doesnt wear and wobble like the nylon stock bushing. I am making a bracket that will not only hold the mirror to the Windshield, but a HiD light as well. The bracket is similar to the one pictured, but will be beefier and made of SS.
heres the arms the round mirror heads and the Titanium skewer from a MTB that I will shorten and rethread to make them adjustable without a wrench.
temp_2_lk.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

You can see what I am copying here,
[IMG][url=https://postimg.org/image/4jz5vnm25/][img]https://s6.postimg.org/4jz5vnm25/DSCF1025.jpg[/url][/IMG]
Just an option.

TRSmith99

Loc.
Oakland
Hi everyone,
I'm working on a '72 that has the stock side view mirrors. In my opinion they are so small they are almost useless. I really like the larger fold style mirrors that are similar to what Ford had on many of the late 70's, 80's and early 90's full size trucks. Although I do think they look kind of large and unproportional on the smaller body early bronco. The link below shows a bronco with that same style mirror but the frame is smaller and it looks a lot more proportional.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267705

Where these a option for the Bronco for any years? Or does anyone have any info on these mirrors? Donner vehicle?

Thanks

I have never really liked the standard/routine choices I see on early bronco's. The stock mirrors are small and seem out of place. I don't like the larger folding mirrors for all the reasons stated.

I have actually been considering some of the Mustang mirrors. I've been looking at some of the late 60's/early 70''s Mach 1 or GT mirrors (a bit larger with the "bullet" shape) and some even include the mirrors from Bullit Mustang. I've also started looking at the 2016 Mustang mirrors. These are door-mounted, appear to be a bit bigger than stock, and some even include the LED turn signals.

Of course there are also the Ranger mirrors.

TR-

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Take a look at the 'paddle style' manual mirrors used on 83 - 92 Ford Rangers and Bronco II's and some F Series 85 - 91.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
I like the ranger Bronco ii mirrors. They do make a little wind noise on the highway but I like the view and the stability. They are easy to fold for trails and unfold to the set position easily. I think they look like they are made for an EB.

Attachments

• 2016-01-09 15.12.51.jpg
    2016-01-09 15.12.51.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 261

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
These are what I'm talking about:

Attachments

• Ford 83-92 RANGER-BRONCO II Manual PADDLE DESIGN Right Passenger Side Mirror.jpg
    Ford 83-92 RANGER-BRONCO II Manual PADDLE DESIGN Right Passenger Side Mirror.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 59

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Ehh, just get the FJ Mirrors! They look the best IMHO! Check my build thread out or search it on here others have them and they look nice!

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
The FJ mirrors look clunky to me.

Tall, narrow and thick.

Finding the ones without the light is a chore too.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I went with mustang remote mirror and its pass non remote clone from Scott Drake. They are a little bigger than stock bronco mirrors but the moveable part is completely shrouded so no bumping into it and moving it. I like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisC74

I went with mustang remote mirror and its pass non remote clone from Scott Drake. They are a little bigger than stock bronco mirrors but the moveable part is completely shrouded so no bumping into it and moving it. I like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tom, are the mounting holes in the same location at the stock bronco mirrors?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

pbwcr

Tom, are the mounting holes in the same location at the stock bronco mirrors?

==========
68 Mustang and Galaxy mirrors come with two hole center to center Buy the correct ones to match your holes or just make new hols and hope the mount covers the wrong one.