• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Silicone hoses

clauc01

Any body use the silicone hoses for the radiator to motor? What I've read is they last a lot longer. Just trying to justify the price.

merlin

Loc.
chouteau
sillicone heater

using the heater hose, looks like it may last forever...........yep, it has a gold standard price.:cool:

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I love silicone hoses, for vacuum lines as those are hardest to find leaks on, but the price on the larger stuff is unreasonable, i stick with rubber.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I too am considering going w the silicone hoses....any additional thoughts?

If you spend the money for the hoses, do not use a standard hose clamp on it as it will cut into the rubber. Use the more expensive clamp which has an internal band which protects the rubber from the little screw slots digging into it.

Only problem is sometimes places want you to buy a box of ten...

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
My dad uses silicone hose on his 97 Dodge Cummings and their still not leaking after 8 years, they are worth the price.He dose keep up on a regular maintenance to.