• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

? size of nipple on engine block for the oil filter on our 302's, is it 13/16th 16"

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
I received my dual oil filter mount after patiently waiting almost 2 months for it. Bought off Erayp from a 4x4 vendor out of TX. Long story short they said that they had more than 10 in stock, turns out they order out and don't stock anything(big surprise) after multi emails and several wks they said the manuf. was having problem and they needed another 2 weeks, then another 2weeks and finally I contacted the manuf. directly and they told me 2-3 more weeks. I am home now and find it here. I put it together and it is now wider than what I had planned the mount to be due to a revamped coupler. I can make it work though. So I spin on the billet rebuildable filters and guess what they don't fit. I took the stock filter off my spare motor and try the billet spin on filter on, it mounts. The threaded nipple on the new filter mounts are larger than the stock one. My much needed ? is what is the stock nipple size on the block? Is it 13/16 16 or ? Thanks I need to contact the vendors as I want to set it up, but I want to make sure they send me the right ones..Thanks..Mo

Last edited: