• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

skidplates for dana 60s?

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
Does anybody make them? I tried the search, cant find.I looked in bronco catalogs as well.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
What more specifically are you calling a 'skid plate'?

What does it do?

Describe what you're after, and maybe someone can help a little more...

OP
OP
got-broncos

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
Im looking for rock guards for the diff. Like duff has for the dana 44. I have been tearing up the bottom of the diffs on rocks.

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
JBG has them (just looked) but it looks like it protects the front of the diff more than it does than the bottom, hard to tell from the pic

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
If you'll smooth out the lip a bit with your grinder, it won't gouge so badly on the rocks.

That skidplate that Duffs offers, is a nice idea, but it's just something else to hang up on on the trail (IMHO)

A quality diff cover, and some smoothing, and you're golden for many, many happy trails...

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
If you'll smooth out the lip a bit with your grinder, it won't gouge so badly on the rocks.

That skidplate that Duffs offers, is a nice idea, but it's just something else to hang up on on the trail (IMHO)

A quality diff cover, and some smoothing, and you're golden for many, many happy trails...

Correct. The attaching bolts on the bottom, not so much. Change them out every now and again before they are ground completely off.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I am gonna have to add another vote to the nice idea but will probably just hang up category.