• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Slave cylinder and hydraulic hose problem.

canadabronco

Loc.
Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
This is an extension of a previous post that I made last week. Please bare with me.

I was having problems removing my hydraulic hose from my slave cylinder in my new ZF. Hobe told me that it was a quick disconnect. I couldn't get the quck disconnect to release so I figured that I had a faulty slave cylinder. So I ordered a new one expecting to see how this quick disconnect worked. I just received it and I still cannot figure it out.

It looks to me like you need a special tool that slips between the outer black sleeve and hydraulic line. The tool would then release these little fingers that hold the hydraulic line in place. I ended up mangling the hydraulic line in the process. So now I think I need a new line.

Does this sound familar to anyone or am I on the wrong track? My hydraulic line has a o-ring fitting that I exposed when trying to get the "quick release" to work. It is quite a bit smaller the the 3/4" end piece that normally fits into the slave cylinder. I wonder if I can just find the 3/4" end piece that I mangled so badly?

B

bert

The line should have a white plastic sleeve on it. The sleeve is used to expand the locking spring, similar to some of the late model fuel lines to fuel filters. If the ring is missing you will need to use something else. I believe I once used a very thin feeler gauge, 0.0015 and wrapped it around the line and slipped it in to release the spring lock. I had to cut it down so it just overlapped its own circumfrence. If you can look in a ford manual for a vehicle that used that transmission there should be pictures. Good Luck You might try your local library, ours has proffesional manuals available for reference and also access to all-data on the computer.