• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Smittybilt Winch

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
Yeah, I've toyed with the idear a couple times, but always seem to find more important things to spend my money on...

I think the consensus is...

If you do a lot of wheeling and expect to use your winch a bunch, save up and get a warn. If you're the occasional wheeler and you stick to easier trails...etc...etc give it a shot.

Wild Horses had a special going on for those, you might wanna give them a call.

nj_thusar

Contributor
Loc.
Asbury Park, NJ
You can find a lot about thise on Heep Sites. I saw a good one on 4x4 wire one time. I've had my eye on them too. I don't use a went a lot, but with the proper gear you could snatch block your way out with it. I was also thinking about the savings they give, and replacing the cable with xline.....

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
I've had mine for about a year now, it has worked great for me. I've pulled myself and others out of a few bad spots without any problems. It's a pretty stout little winch but nothing like my 8274. I like mine because it takes up a lot less room and pulls good.

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
There are pretty good prices on 4wheelparts.com. I just ordered a mile marker last night, can't wait to get to building a new front bumper to mount it on! They have the Smittybuilt for dirt cheap (around $400, if I remember right).