• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Smurf bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
B

baher

Good eye I missed that having unit inspected today more questions for the owner thanks. from everything I have seen so far strong rig.

OP
OP
B

baher

Man that would be extremely helpful. I am trying to swing a deal without laying a hand on the thing as i am in canada. I get the inspection report tomorrow but who knows what kinda knowledge the inspector has for this type of rig.

Nightstick

Bronco guy
One ad says its a 75 another says its a 74, hmm... Unless you can put your eyes on it in person I'd be weary

OP
OP
B

baher

The seller has forwarded the title and the inspection company has to confirm all thart kinda stuff. I feel the same way, looked at so many Broncs most being in the US nothing that really catchs me eye in canada.

Nightstick

Bronco guy
I'll be honest, that rig doesn't look like it's worth $19,000, or even close to that. Engine doesn't appear to have any upgrades or even been even rebuilt, factory dash with a couple gauges mounted to the column, crappy paint behind the motor in the engine compartment, etc... just cuz it has a huge lift and expensive wheels/tires doesn't make it worth that much. I wouldn't pay more than $10,000 for it... my $0.02

ned72

Loc.
Truckee
I love broncos but i honestly dont think any bronco is worth 18,000 or more. even if it is all original with paper work. you could easily buy a nice one and build it the way you want it for less than that.

Dude seriously

Loc.
Everett
My suspicious radar turned on when I saw that ad.

The names listed on the ads come up as being involved in telemarketing and another one for mortgage scams. I am not accusing anyone of anything as I have no way of knowing if they are the same people or in the accuracy of the information. But it would make me wary.

For additional background:

It was listed last summer on Bronco Graveyards site:
http://broncograveyard.com/classifieds/r-10008-1975-ford-bronco.html

Classic Broncos last August:
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167194

There was a VIN listed in this ad:
http://findyourauto.net/Ford-Bronco-Classic-4x4-1974-Ford-Bronco-ZZi-250681818810.aspx

The same exact verbiage used to describe the lift and tires showed up in the titles of some expired ads for a Ford in Pittsburgh and Michigan.

The Bronco in the pictures has a So Cal Broncos windshield sticker. If you look in So Cal Broncos Facebook, there are pictures of what appears to be the same rig on a trail run, but it did not appear to be in the So Cal Broncos for sale ads.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=206044240894&set=a.206037275894.141387.139550435894

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=206044395894&set=a.206037275894.141387.139550435894

Again, I’m not saying anyone is doing anything wrong. It just seems fishy. Time to go play in the garage now, it will be interesting to see what 73stallion finds tomorrow.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I suggested pics of that Bronco a few weeks ago - windshield frame has rust as well as a few other places.

Not a $19k Bronco in my opinion.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I wouldn't even bother looking at that thing. It's NOT anything anywhere near a $19K Bronco. The fitment of the body tells me it's an unrestored rig that's seen some hard miles on it. Yes it looks pretty clean and has rims and tires on it, but that's it...... And it seems a little 'scammish' to me also.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
baher, i'm gonna be honest. i went and looked at that bronco today, it's a pile of rust!!!! passenger fender is cracked by the grille, windshield frame is rusted worse than mine, hood is broken and the paint is shit, floor on the driver side is rusted, driver inner rocker and kick panel are rusted, hard top is rusted, rear suspension is lifted with 4" blocks, DON'T BUY IT!!!!!!! here's some pix i took of it. oh BTW, tags have been expired since early 2008. and as for the 6 lug wheels, he has stock bronco axles with wheel spacer/adapters that convert from 5 to 6 lug.

i didn't even look any father when i saw all this, it was enough to tell it's a pile. it's sitting at an office complex, can't tell how long it's been since it moved.

ABSOLUTELY NOT WORTH $18,000 OR ANYTHING NEAR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he's looking for some sucker to buy it sight unseen and get screwed when it gets there....

Attachments

• DSCN2161.JPG
    DSCN2161.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCN2162.JPG
    DSCN2162.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCN2163.JPG
    DSCN2163.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCN2164.JPG
    DSCN2164.JPG